No announcement yet.

Lefty or Righty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There we go ...and back in the good old days children had their hands whacked with a ruler for writing with their left hand ..right up to the sixties.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantag View Post
      There we go ...and back in the good old days children had their hands whacked with a ruler for writing with their left hand ..right up to the sixties.
      About 25 years ago I heard Robert Fripp tell a friend of mine that this is why he, a lefty, learned to play guitar right-handed.
      I cannot imagine how he might play if he had learned the other way round...he's amazing as it is.
      Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Radofan View Post
        No worries bud I'm a Manc and we are sarcastic buggers!!
        But you make good music

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          About 25 years ago I heard Robert Fripp tell a friend of mine that this is why he, a lefty, learned to play guitar right-handed.
          I cannot imagine how he might play if he had learned the other way round...he's amazing as it is.
          Bret, i know that Robert Fripp has been involved with loads of big names over the years including Bowie , Talking Heads etc and i'm sure he did some stuff with David Sylvian , not sure if it was after Japan or not ..i remember driving around each night and making a fiver's worth of petrol last as long as possible in a beaten up old Renault playing Japan's Assemblage over and over until the tape stretched....ahhh those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by Grantag View Post
            Bret, i know that Robert Fripp has been involved with loads of big names over the years including Bowie , Talking Heads etc and i'm sure he did some stuff with David Sylvian , not sure if it was after Japan or not ..i remember driving around each night and making a fiver's worth of petrol last as long as possible in a beaten up old Renault playing Japan's Assemblage over and over until the tape stretched....ahhh those were the days
            I've heard the Sylvian/Fripp stuff (have one of the albums--post-Japan...1992, I believe) and have a few early Japan recordings. You would not know it's the same singer.
            The night I mentioned above was around 1993, when he was touring with the California Guitar Trio and Trey Gunn (later of King Crimson).
            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Generally, it is advised to wear a watch on you non-dominating hand. So, if you are rightly then you should wear it on your left hand and vice-versa. This is because it wont disturb you in your day-to-day task.
              Pocket watch hub

Comment

I usually wear my watch on my left wrist. However, every so often, I wear it on my right wrist. Sometimes, I'll wear a watch on each wrist.

sigpic
                Brandon (and Maddie, RIP)

Comment

Working...
                X