What Do you Keep your watches in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do you Keep your watches in?

Morning All, I'm Interested to hear what members keep their prized watch collections in .
    Is it an official ex-display watch retailer's Watch stand with all the logos on, or a glass topped case with 12 cushions in it, or perhaps a perspex or aluminium 'wrist sized' bar raised up onto a shaft, an all-singing all-dancing rotating watch winding device, a fish tank for your Diver's watches or something carved from wood?

I've got a cheap 8 watch winder that holds another 10. My most frequently worn watches are there and the rest are in cushion boxes in drawers.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I used to have a bunch of glass topped wooden cases but my collection grew too big so I now have jewellers cushion trays like these in drawers:
      Attached Files
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Iíve got a combination of single boxes, and larger cases and others in pouches in the doors. All in a large gun safe! CBE91709-B780-4420-AC65-90D4AA9AED93.jpgBC4FAC95-FB56-4005-8886-3A843001F3E8.jpg

Comment

Jeez! That is something else Scott, truly impressive.

Comment

Jethro , that is serious security. Just to put things into perspective i have yet to receive my first Rado purchase and was wondering whether to buy a ten/twelve watch glass topped watch display case or not .

Comment

Wow Jethro that serious, not that Henry or Scott's setups are any less serious! I've just got a humble Pelican 1470. Photo not mine obv

image.jpg

Comment

I bought this one from the local bay the other day for $24 delivered. Originally I adapted an old cutlery case and made my own cushions, it looks good but it's too much mucking around, it holds 18 and I've out grown it long ago. I might buy another one of these but one wants to be careful of providing too much accommodation..........cause you know what that leads to......
                Nice work on Kevin's part using the gun safe, a collection of that size and value needs serious security, can't see anyone picking that up and escaping in a hurry, great looking safe too.

20171120_160756_HDR (1).jpg

Comment

Tim, that is an impressive collection, jealous of the sunshine in the photo though! We are over in Perth in five weeks so will grab some rays then , until such time the weather is not pleasant here as you can imagine.
                  The box that i have been looking at is essentially a ten slot version of the one you have there and i will use it keep my other watches in as well as my first Rado when it arrives from Japan.
                  Cheers
                  Andrew

Comment

A big (and heavy) Liberty safe!

:-)

"So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Similar set-up to Jethro there Kurt. Im not that far down the line yet !

Comment

Spend any real time around here and you'll get there.

:-)
                        "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                          I bought this one from the local bay the other day for $24 delivered. Originally I adapted an old cutlery case and made my own cushions, it looks good but it's too much mucking around, it holds 18 and I've out grown it long ago. I might buy another one of these but one wants to be careful of providing too much accommodation..........cause you know what that leads to......
                          Nice work on Kevin's part using the gun safe, a collection of that size and value needs serious security, can't see anyone picking that up and escaping in a hurry, great looking safe too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24209[/ATTACH]
                          Good luck at the Gabbatoir today Tim, what do you reckon the chances are for the Poms?
                          Last edited by Grantag; 11-23-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantag View Post
                            Good luck at the Gabbatuar tody Tim, what do you reckon the chances are for the Poms?
                            Well, the new opener and No.3 showed good pluck. Probably going to close the first day around 4/200 or so. Pretty even contest so far but I don't know how your bowling attack will go.

Comment

Lot of clay under the pitch there at the Gabba Tim, very fast balls, could go either way, however the Aussies have a very long run of wins there, its very intimidating even for the Poms, lets see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X