• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 Arrived ....

My 2nd Scuderia.

Very pleased!

"So Many Watches / So Little Time"

oooh I like that!! I'm googling now to see if its in my price range!!
    Chris

Comment

They do several different models of the scrambler. It was hard to
      choose just one. The IP models are especially nice.

Kurt

Comment

Pretty wild! Is it detachable from the lugs/straps for use as a pocket watch?
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

It's huge!, but it looks good Kurt , I like that one. Scuderia is associated with Ferrari I think. Their F1 team is Scuderia Ferrari, is it the same company?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
            It's huge!, but it looks good Kurt , I like that one. Scuderia is associated with Ferrari I think. Their F1 team is Scuderia Ferrari, is it the same company?
            Scuderia translates as 'stable', so scuderia ferrari is the stable of the ponies (Ferrari logo). Later more automotive italian teams took the name scuderia, now a synonym of a automotive team. For instance the second red bull F1 team is named scuderia toro rosso (literally team red bull).

I think the watch brand is not associated with any automotive team
            https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Originally posted by pecardoso View Post
              Scuderia translates as 'stable', so scuderia ferrari is the stable of the ponies (Ferrari logo). Later more automotive italian teams took the name scuderia, now a synonym of a automotive team. For instance the second red bull F1 team is named scuderia toro rosso (literally team red bull).

I think the watch brand is not associated with any automotive team

Ah Stable!, I see, thanks Pablo. It seems Scuderia Ferrari also sell watches but this company is CT Scuderia and as you say there is no link to a car company. Interestingly however, although watchmaking runs in the family, Enrico Margaritelli the companies designer, is inspired by his involvement in motorcycle racing as he raced Café Racer style bikes in his previous career.
              Last edited by Tim.; 10-31-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Correct! 45 years ago I road-raced my Dunstall Honda 750 (AAMRR) at tracks like Pocono,
                Lime Rock, Bridgehampton, and Laconia.

I still have that bike in my garage, and ride it several times a year. It's now street legal.
                It sits between my wife's TR-6, and a 59' Bug-Eye Sprite.

Like a lot of us, I look at a lot of watches, but something about this line spoke to me almost
                across the board.

Still having fun ....

Kurt
                Last edited by kurt48; 10-31-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt48 View Post
                  Correct! 45 years ago I road-raced my Dunstall Honda 750 (AAMRR) at tracks like Pocono,
                  Lime Rock, Bridgehampton, and Laconia.

I still have that bike in my garage, and ride it several times a year. It's now street legal.
                  It sits between my wife's TR-6, and a 59' Bug-Eye Sprite.

Like a lot of us, I look at a lot of watches, but something about this line spoke to me almost
                  across the board.

Still having fun ....

Kurt
                  Kurt, for a brief shining moment back in the late '70's one of these was my daily ride for a few years. It was slightly modified, had a blueprinted engine, straight through Conti exhaust and the standard 29 mm carb had been replaced with a 32mm Dellorto pump action attached to a 1/4 turn throttle. It used to embarrass many much larger bikes and handled like it was on rails. You needed to be brave to start it, single 450 pot with no decompression valve, nasty kick back, very painful on a cold winters morning. Unfortunately I leant it to a friend of mine who had a fairly serious accident on it. I did get it going again but it developed a tiny oil leak in a feeder tube to the head and seized, bent the con rod. It's still in pieces in the garage at my Mum's...... maybe, one of these days........

Ducati_450_Desmo.1__62705.1482448402.1280.1280.jpg
                  Last edited by Tim.; 10-31-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a plan :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                      Kurt, for a brief shining moment back in the late '70's one of these was my daily ride for a few years. It was slightly modified, had a blueprinted engine, straight through Conti exhaust and the standard 29 mm carb had been replaced with a 32mm Dellorto pump action attached to a 1/4 turn throttle. It used to embarrass many much larger bikes and handled like it was on rails. You needed to be brave to start it, single 450 pot with no decompression valve, nasty kick back, very painful on a cold winters morning. Unfortunately I leant it to a friend of mine who had a fairly serious accident on it. I did get it going again but it developed a tiny oil leak in a feeder tube to the head and seized, bent the con rod. It's still in pieces in the garage at my Mum's...... maybe, one of these days........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24014[/ATTACH]
                      Sweet ride...not a lot of single-cylinder bikes on the market these days, eh? And certainly not competitive ones, I expect.
                      Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

What I'd give to have my BSA Gold Star back :>)

Comment

Working...
                        X