X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Hook?

Dammit Rado, where is my Captain Hook?!

All I got was this crappy thing:

Funny thing, this new Captain Crunch or whatevs reminds me of something...

... But I cannot quite place my finger on it.

Ah well, I can just enjoy this Captain America or whatevs. What do you think of this combination?

The lug width on the Captain Marvel or whatevs is 19mm, so it wears an 18mm strap until I can figure out what to get. The stock strap is much too long for my wrist. I have a 20mm Perlon that fits, but it is black and seems much too plain for the rest of the watch.

An interesting dilemma arises, one which I attempted to address: Should posts about this Captain Courageous or whatevs be in the Rado forum or the dive watch forum?

Such difficult decisions.

You did get the Captain Obvious! Congratulations! I do love mine and I think Frank loves his too.

Post it everywhere...
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Looks like a great piece. Enjoy it!

Classic look really.

Originally posted by danomar View Post
      Dammit Rado, where is my Captain Hook?!

All I got was this crappy thing:

Funny thing, this new Captain Crunch or whatevs reminds me of something...

... But I cannot quite place my finger on it.

Ah well, I can just enjoy this Captain America or whatevs. What do you think of this combination?

The lug width on the Captain Marvel or whatevs is 19mm, so it wears an 18mm strap until I can figure out what to get. The stock strap is much too long for my wrist. I have a 20mm Perlon that fits, but it is black and seems much too plain for the rest of the watch.

An interesting dilemma arises, one which I attempted to address: Should posts about this Captain Courageous or whatevs be in the Rado forum or the dive watch forum?

Such difficult decisions.

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr ya happy with it?
        Lovely. I saw one in person at an AD in Warsaw last month. What a gem!
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
          You did get the Captain Obvious! Congratulations!
          Obviously!

This was my first impulse purchase in... Years. And only one of two factory-new watches I have owned in many, many years.

I swore to get no new watches, and definitely no divers. So much for self-imposed rules.

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr ya happy with it?
          Aye, matey!

The lugs on the Gruen are more elegant, and I would prefer 18mm wide lugs on a watch this size, but the dial? To. Die. For.

Comment

Much to like about that. Or is it just that I grew up when the original came out... regardless I like it. Congratulations... and cool on the spontaneity of ignoring self imposed rules!

Comment

Love it!! To me it would look great on a shark mesh but I am a fan of the shark mesh I know its not everyone's cup of tea!
              I would buy one tomorrow if they brought it out in 42mm or 44mm. I think at 38mm its gonna get lost on my fat wrists, do really like it though!!
              Chris

Comment

Working...
              X