Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind or Grind...Hamilton flip-face Jazzmaster

I'd never seen this before today.
    Wacky. I wouldn't wear it much, I imagine, but it would be fun to examine in person.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamilton-H32...UAAOSwuMZZHfSz

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

In a way I'm glad that something so silly exists, but the thought of money being spent on it....mmm not so much.

The two times drifting apart from one another would make me unhappy.

I wonder how many days wear each one will get, ever?
    Always eager to hear more

Comment

I guess it would be useful if one travelled regularly to a different time zone but I can't say that I'm enamoured of the tiny face on view at one time. Not for me!
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Think I prefer this version http://watchesbysjx.com/2016/06/hand...ronograph.html
        Always eager to hear more

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
          In a way I'm glad that something so silly exists, but the thought of money being spent on it....mmm not so much.
          Well said. Similar to the JLC Reversos that offer different functions on the face, I applaud the ingenuity, but it is not something that I would likely desire.
          -Brian

Comment

All good comments...I agree on having this exist.
            The Chrono version is quite appealing except that I expect it is as unreadable as the Swatch automatic chrono (below) I once owned. Lovely thing, but in nearly every lighting situation, it was almost impossible to discern the time:

Comment

Umm....grind. I think it's ok to have had the idea and do some drawings but someone should've killed it off at that stage. Silly, cumbersome, and UGLY. There are way more elegant solutions for dual time. The fact that it's possible to build such a thing is not justification for building it, imho. Sorry just in the mood for a bit of a rant I guess. I have in included some equivalent ideas from the automotive world to underline my point.

worst-car25.jpgreliantrobinheader.jpgoscar-mayer-wienermobile-front-side-view.jpg
              Last edited by Tim.; 07-18-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

LOL! A kid I went to high school with drove a Wienermobile as a summer job back in the 1980s.
                Thanks for the laugh!
                IMO, 3-wheeled cars should always have 2 wheels up front; 8-wheeled cars should ride on rails.
                Last edited by Watch Carefully; 07-08-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  LOL! A kid I went to high school with drove a Wienermobile as a summer job back in the 1980s.
                  Thanks for the laugh!
                  IMO, 3-wheeled cars should always have 2 wheels up front; 8-wheeled cars should ride on rails.
                  The Reliant Robin was renowned for it's stunning ability to do this.

25-worst-car-reliant-robin.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                    The Reliant Robin was renowned for it's stunning ability to do this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23563[/ATTACH]
                    Yes--I seem to remember Mr Bean driving one.
                    Looks like it needs 2 stabilising wheels forward, to port and starboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                      Yes--I seem to remember Mr Bean driving one.
                      Looks like it needs 2 stabilising wheels forward, to port and starboard.
                      No, why spoil the fun!

Comment

looks great and I am glad that this madness exists. I have a question on the chrono versions pushers. Surely, if you flip it, the top pusher becomes reset while the bottom pusher is now start-stop? Or am I missing something?

In practice it would confuse the hell out of me. I guess if you never really use the chrono function it would be fun, but I actually use my chronos.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyB View Post
                          Well said. Similar to the JLC Reversos that offer different functions on the face, I applaud the ingenuity, but it is not something that I would likely desire.
                          The advantage of the Reverso is that you don't have to take the watch off your wrist to flip the dial over. Also, not a fan of oval watch cases. AP had one, too.

Comment

Working...
                          X