Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast from the Past...

Hi Folks.....

We picked up Brad over on the Z3 forum where I mod. Fantastic. So I thought I'd stop by and say hi. My watch collection has been stagnant for about 5 years or so but I did pick up a few pieces recently. I really don't post on any watch sites.

This is my first Damasko. Ice hardened, yada yada. What I like is the day wheel is Deutsch & English. The day advances two clicks at midnight so pick your language and that is what you get. No swapping out wheels and stuff.

Hope everyone is well.

Terry

IMG_20170611_49753.jpg

Edit...This login says 2012 but I go back to late 90's. Confused (again.)
    Last edited by Terry F.; 06-11-2017, 06:37 PM.

Welcome back, Terry!
    Thanks for reminding me you had been a regular here while I poked around over at bimmerforums. The reason you show as 2012 is that there was a software upgrade and everyone had to re-register, so I assume you re-registered 5 years ago.

That Damasko is sharp--every bit as stylish as Sinn but much less expensive, I would bet. I've heard good things about them, but cannot recall examining a Damasko in person. I'll hope for a closer look...
    Cheers,
    Brad
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Brad, I've been slow in my reply knowing I had a piece incoming that would influence my opinion. When I kinda left watches, Damasko had a few Sinn clones that interested me but their catalog has sure grown. And with less marketing layers, the value might be better too, yes indeed.

So I also spotted another piece by the brand, a DA36. Identical watch, different dial. Classic pilot dial, well, pilot dial anyway. I'm going this direction and will release the first one. Classic Terry purchase, always well planned. Looks like they have some nice black cases too.....sigh.

I've read the black cases are very durable. This seems to be the way to go if you seek a black case, and I do. I'll bet I add a black model at some point. Maybe, just maybe, I'll only buy it once. :-)

T

Comment

That one is very cool also, black case or not.
        I like that date display--I cannot say I have seen that configuration.
        It might be a little small for my eyesight, but it sure makes a well balanced right side of the dial.

Were I not so enamoured of my RGM pilot-style watch (below), I'd be hitting you up for details of the one you'll be selling!

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I have one of the black case Damaskos, and it does seem quite robust.

IMG_9836.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mlcor View Post
            I have one of the black case Damaskos, and it does seem quite robust.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23441[/ATTACH]
            All-lume dial too. Yet something else from them that interests me. Very nice.

Damasko also has a claimed in-house movement that I know nothing about. Does anyone have experience with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry F. View Post
              All-lume dial too. Yet something else from them that interests me. Very nice.

Damasko also has a claimed in-house movement that I know nothing about. Does anyone have experience with it?
              Yes, they did introduce an in house movement a year or so ago (who hasn't?), but I haven't seen any reviews.

Comment

Nice. Watchmakers should be doing a lot more of this.

Comment

Working...
                X