Virtuoso dialwork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtuoso dialwork

It took me a while before I realised that pattern even goes on between the outside of the minutes track and the rehaut
    Always eager to hear more

There are lots of deliciously slow-moving videos on youtube of Roger Smith showing how he makes cases and dials - I found myself watching the videos of him making a gold mid-case and soldering in the lugs with a blowtorch and a kitchen sink with a friend at 1am one friday night - so I was pleased to find this nice short and to the point one which shows a bit of his machinery in action and also has a typical bit of commentary from him as he does it. Just three minutes long.

Always eager to hear more

Comment

The amount of depth in his dials is incredible. The video of making hands is still one of my favorites. It's refreshing to see someone so talented willing to freely share his craft with everyone. It would be incredible if someone would arrange a video lecture series of top watch makers showing off the skills they are known for. I would love to see a video of Kari Voutilanen making a set of his hands from start to finish.
      -Brian

Comment

Working...
      X