Haven't had a WRUW in a while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't had a WRUW in a while

For me today, it's the Eterna Avant Garde. Nicely sized at a small wearing 40mm

eag by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

What's on your wrists gents?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Lovely photo of a nice watch, Hank.

This week I'm sporting the Certina...

...at least until I leave tomorrow night for a couple days of turkey hunting upstate.
    B
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

For the 21st time in the last thirty days, I'm wearing my Nivrel

I seem to have decided - three and a half years after buying it - that this is the watch I want on my wrist most the time. I've sold my Seiko Skyliner, my Max Bill auto and my minimalist Glashutte, leaving me with just one regular white-dial watch to be a contrast to the Nivrel, the vintage Longines Admiral I got last year.

Always eager to hear more

Comment

Wow, even the Max Bill.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
          Wow, even the Max Bill.
          Yeah, know! It wasn't that I was disenchanted with it, but I was always admiring it, rather than having warm feelings for it, and right now I'm wanting just the latter kind of watch. I think there's potential for regretting all three sales sometime in the future.

Somehow I had managed to keep the Max Bill in pristine condition, despite having worn it about 100 times, so selling it was very easy (in fact, it sold on TZ UK in literally two minutes)

Comment

Today, it's...

001 (3).jpg

Comment

Vintage for me today, and most days

Nice watches on show. I wear my manual Certina DS and Eterna KonTiki 20 a lot also. Somehow the recent incarnations don't do much for me. But they do look nice.
              I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

3 weeks and counting ... (A new record)

Kurt
                "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
                  Yeah, know! It wasn't that I was disenchanted with it, but I was always admiring it, rather than having warm feelings for it, and right now I'm wanting just the latter kind of watch. I think there's potential for regretting all three sales sometime in the future.

Somehow I had managed to keep the Max Bill in pristine condition, despite having worn it about 100 times, so selling it was very easy (in fact, it sold on TZ UK in literally two minutes)

I completely understand that sentiment with the Max Bill. My first was a hand wind model that I loved looking at but didn't have a desire to wear. I solved that problem by giving it to my wife. Now I can still enjoy looking at it but feel no regret for not wearing it.

Oddly I enjoy wearing the gray dialed Max Bill much more. It doesn't get as much admiration off the wrist because it actually looks much better when it is on the wrist and moving. The silver indices come alive when it moves, making the watch more enjoyable to wear.
                  -Brian

Comment

New acquisition--actually, second try to acquire it.

Breguet Type XXI Ti May 2017.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mlcor View Post
                      New acquisition--actually, second try to acquire it.
                      Glad to see this has finally worked out - how long ago was the first try? (if not long ago....then I've got confused with something else, I guess....)

More importantly: nice watch

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
                        Glad to see this has finally worked out - how long ago was the first try? (if not long ago....then I've got confused with something else, I guess....)

More importantly: nice watch
                        Thanks, DA. The first was a used one in February--turned out to have a serious enough problem that it had to be sent back to Breguet, so I took a refund. This one is factory fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by mlcor View Post
                          Thanks, DA. The first was a used one in February--turned out to have a serious enough problem that it had to be sent back to Breguet, so I took a refund. This one is factory fresh.
                          Ah, yes, I did remember right....though February feels strangely long ago.... I love the downward angle of the bezel, sloping away from the crystal, they've got it just right.

Have I got it right that on the main dial are both chrono seconds and chrono minutes?

edit: am looking it up. Ooh, all these features: central chrono minutes AND flyback function. I remember once playing with one of OhDark30's chronos, which had a flyback function - it scared the life out of me! (mechanical chronos in general always make me feel I'm about to break them) - but since she's a helicopter pilot, it was a very useful feature for her. AND you've got 100 WR too.
                          Last edited by Der Amf; 05-18-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

One watch which not only survived the Night Of The Long Knives was this Seiko, which knows its place is secure no matter what, and which I'm wearing today

Comment

When you started this thread on Tuesday I was wearing the Golden Gate.

WP_20170324_16_52_37_Pro (3).jpg

Since then I have been unable to take the Diastar 40 LE off my wrist.

WP_20170407_08_18_52_Pro (3).jpg
                              http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Working...
                              X