Haven't had a WRUW in a while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
    One watch which not only survived the Night Of The Long Knives was this Seiko, which knows its place is secure no matter what, and which I'm wearing today

That's a nice simple one.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

The Diastar 40 is hard to get off once it is on. I went with a different 40th anniversary Diastar.

IMG_1592 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
        That's a nice simple one.
        Back in 2014 I used to regularly spend hours browsing eBay for "vintage Seiko" - and eventually I found this. A last minute bid got me it for 24. I would have paid a lot more Stylistically its a bit of a rip off of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36mm that was current back then (its from 1971) but being manual and not having proper WR its a slim thing that sits on the wrist very nicely especially with that custom strap whose maker you will have zero problem guessing The grey dial is the absolutely perfect shade of grey as far as I'm concerned, it totally bewitches me, so that I never notice the woefully battered case. The 7000 movement was the ancestor of the 7s26, only put in budget watches like this, but nonetheless gives me a very reliable -10s/d. (Colin63 has a watch with the auto version which I think he got for even less and which keeps similarly excellent time iirc) I have another of these, identical except for the different dial, which I'm only keeping so that one day I can swap around the chrome-plated cases. I love it to bits.

Erm, anyway, I'm not wearing that today, I'm wearing my other, most recently purchased Seiko:

It's also from 1971. My records tell me that 1971 was my favourite year for watches....
        Last edited by Der Amf; 05-21-2017, 01:46 PM.
        Always eager to hear more

Comment

Okay, I'll play.

Longines On Wheel.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X