Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind or Grind: Breguet-style chronometer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind or Grind: Breguet-style chronometer...

...from a somewhat lesser-known brand:

I quite like this. It's not exciting as a Breguet movement-wise, but it's a smart looking and solid chronometer.
    Equally at home cribbage board to boardroom.

Any others who will wind this out there?
    B
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

I would wind it if it had Breguet style Hands.
    Peter

Comment

At a fraction of the price too. I like it and woiuld wear it, but I am with Peter on this. I say go all in and throw some blued Breguet hands on it.
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
        At a fraction of the price too. I like it and woiuld wear it, but I am with Peter on this. I say go all in and throw some blued Breguet hands on it.
        I see where you're coming from. Maybe they made a conscious decision not to be so thorough in emulating Breguet. After all, there's a fine line between producing a classic diver and ripping off the Rolex Submariner.

I'd like to see blue hands also, but the shape they used I find appealing.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I own one of the real ones. The guilloché pattern on this one is different, but nicely done from the photographs, and of course it has a conventional date as opposed to the Marine's big date, so I would classify it as a legitimate homage as opposed to merely a copy. But I don't like those flat, characterless hands. Even if they just went to a nicer looking, non-Breguet hand set that was blued, it would improve the watch dramatically IMO.

Comment

Lose the bracelet, or alternatively substitute one more in keeping with the design... And yeah, the hands look as if they found them in a spare parts box... Breguet hands are not necessary, but some thought is. Better than meh, far better than grind...

Comment

Working...
            X