Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a case where I will definitely side with Brad.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a case where I will definitely side with Brad.

This watch would be a pretty nice piece if the subdial were larger and a bit further out. Or just make the darn watch 38mm in the first place. Longines Heritage 1945.

longines-heritage-1945.jpg
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

They're not too far away from acceptable though.

Comment

Most of it is pretty handsome.
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
        This watch would be a pretty nice piece if the subdial were larger and a bit further out. Or just make the darn watch 38mm in the first place. Longines Heritage 1945.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22908[/ATTACH]
        Lovely. Only needs a sub-dial centred in, and large enough to fill, the available space. Could do without the automatic label.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          Lovely. Only needs a sub-dial centred in, and large enough to fill, the available space. Could do without the automatic label.
          Presumably the "automatic" is trying to fill in the gap caused by the ill-placed subdial

I do find it endlessly saddening that the main producer of movements in Switzerland has reached this side of a massive boom without having developed the capacity to produce a range of movements to suit the designs of the brands it supplies.
          Always eager to hear more

Comment

These two Longines I saw recently on Instagram reminded me of this thread

Always eager to hear more

Comment

I bought this just a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting the postman to bring it. s-l500[6].jpg
              This is the smaller one with 38,5mm
              Peter

Comment

Originally posted by earloffarnborough View Post
                I bought this just a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting the postman to bring it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]22989[/ATTACH]
                This is the smaller one with 38,5mm
                Peter
                Oh, Peter. That is fantastic. Enjoy it!
                Is the dial enamel?
                Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

It Looks like enamel, but at the price of it I dont thimk so. It must be laquered but very nicely done. The only thing that bothers me is the strap with 15mm which makes it look very ladylike. But then- who cares.
                  Have a happy Easter everybody
                  easter12.gif
                  Peter

Comment

Beautiful Peter - enjoy. I've got my eye on the slightly bigger, skew-iffy Avigation version but yours is a much more solid and versatile option.

Comment

Working...
                    X