Wind or Grind...1937-style Longines aviator chronograph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind or Grind...1937-style Longines aviator chronograph

Longines just sent an e-mail about this new one. I'll wind it!

http://p5trc.emv2.com/HS?b=3AMRg-URK...dKq8RISzAuc9aA
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Definitely wind this classic style.

My Longines says hi!

003.jpg

Comment

Wind!
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Originally posted by stoshman View Post
        My Longines says hi!
        https://youtu.be/OtoXxsuikOQ

Comment

As much as I would like to give that a wind, I cannot condone Longines defacement of these historical designs with date windows. Do they not understand that the likely market for these watches is made up of collectors that have multiple watches and, while a date window may be a requirement for some in a daily wear watch, it is not necessary on a niche piece like this.
          -Brian

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyB View Post
            As much as I would like to give that a wind, I cannot condone Longines defacement of these historical designs with date windows. Do they not understand that the likely market for these watches is made up of collectors that have multiple watches and, while a date window may be a requirement for some in a daily wear watch, it is not necessary on a niche piece like this.
            Personally, I like having a date indication, but it needs to be unobtrusive and very aesthetically pleasing--I'll not be sure of this one until I see it in person.
            What I could easily do without is the printing of AUTOMATIC on the dial. It adds visual balance, but that could be achieved by centering the LONGINES name.

The 41mm width is a welcome design decision!

Comment

That date is nicely done.
              "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

My avigation.
                No date and larger

Comment

I liked the last iteration in real life. Except for the size. 49mm?

I ;ole the size of this one much better, but reserve judgement on it until I see it in real life. I don't hate the date hole on this one. I have said this before, I thought I would hate the date hole in the 1937, because I did in pictures but on my wrist it doesn't bother me at all.
                  Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

BUMP - did anyone actually get one of these? I'm more than a little curious about this one...

Comment

Originally posted by yokied View Post
                      BUMP - did anyone actually get one of these? I'm more than a little curious about this one...
                      I have not encountered anyone who has obtained one. I would also be interested to learn their impressions of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X