The Elusive San Remo on eBay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Elusive San Remo on eBay

Just a PSA that there is a Robert Lighton San Remo available right now on eBay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/282074346786?u...D0&_mwBanner=1

This one comes with the large wood box and the correct buckle. (Mine came with the small cardboard box and a stirrup style buckle, rather than the one that matches the angles of the case.)
    -Brian

Meijlinder was considering this but decided the price was too high for him (he would have to add on a lot of Customs charges) How is that price? My guess is that as the watchs fame grows the prices aren't going to be dropping much...
    Always eager to hear more

Comment

Interesting--that's close to the price of my Nienaber Art Deco, which has a similar vibe. Definitely a cool piece. Brian, sometime you'll have to tell me how things went with Rainer and your Art Deco...

Comment

The price actually seems fair to me. He is accepting best offers, so it may be possible to buy it for less. When these watches came out, they were all over $3k. That price seemed high, especially for a "designer" brand with no watchmaking experience. However, the watches were of very high quality and used a modified version of a high-grade ETA movement, the 2892 modified for center seconds. If you look at the big names, they are selling unmodified 2824s for similar or higher prices.

When Robert Lighton decided to go out of the watch business, they sold off the entire inventory at 75-80% off. This price was well below the actual value of the watch, imo. Prices stayed low for a little while afterwards since it was hard to justify a mark-up on the clearance prices. Prices have creeped back up in the past few years. I've seen Growlers go for well over $1000. If you are patient, and I mean extremely patient, you can find a Robert Lighton for under $1000, but these will most likely be in need of servicing.
        -Brian

Comment

Originally posted by mlcor View Post
          Interesting--that's close to the price of my Nienaber Art Deco, which has a similar vibe. Definitely a cool piece. Brian, sometime you'll have to tell me how things went with Rainer and your Art Deco...
          And it's interesting that you bring that up considering the Nienaber is on my wrist today. I have not got acted Rainer yet due to other distractions, but I am actually wearing the Art Deco today.

One of these days I will do a photo shoot with the San Remo and Art Deco. They are very similar yet complimentary to one another.

image.jpg
          -Brian

Comment

Tempting, but the exchange rate pushes it over $1500 CAD and then the BS $208/ $270 CAD import on a used watch I am out. Duty on a new watch is 5% and with fees and brokerage I have never paid more than 10%.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
            X