Happy Summer roll call.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Summer roll call.

Yesterday we had 60+ km winds, torrential downpours and tornadoes touching down around the province. Then it all cleared up and turned into a beautiful evening. Gotta love summer on the prairies. We have a little under 17 hours of daylight and fewer than 3 hours of "night" right now. It was also a full moon, well 99.something full anyway. I chose the Eterna Soleure:

P6190398 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

And this was last night's moon:

P6190391 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Wow. That's awesome.
    Just a normal Late Spring sort of day here near Philly.

Pennsylvania product for me today:

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Hard to say what's prettier ......the moon or that Eterna.

Kurt
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

The Longines HF is getting most the attention this week

with a couple of final appearances for the Christopher Ward, which I'll be putting on sale after the weekend. It couldn't hack it as a daily wearer, it's being outcompeted as a dress watch, and I need the money to be ready when for something else comes available and I'll need to move fast

If only you had had minute markers and had actually been grey.... Will be sorry to say goodbye to its accuracy, though - just +2s/d
        Always eager to hear more

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
          with a couple of final appearances for the Christopher Ward, which I'll be putting on sale after the weekend. It couldn't hack it as a daily wearer, it's being outcompeted as a dress watch, and I need the money to be ready when for something else comes available and I'll need to move fast

If only you had had minute markers and had actually been grey.... Will be sorry to say goodbye to its accuracy, though - just +2s/d
          I think I know what you mean. I have a chronometer without minute markers and it drives me a little crazy.
          Despite that idiosyncrasy, I'll probably own it a LONG time, because it is in perfect condition and is exceptionally rare, even among vintage Rado chronometers (the non-Diastars, of which only 911 were made from the 1950s to the early 1970s).
          I'm beginning to suspect this might be the only steel 56-h on the planet. No one I know has seen another.

B
          Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I pulled this one out to get it ready for sale. One of those that just doesn't get worn. But on the wrist today is the Stowa. Taking it to a watchmaker to get it regulated. It has a serious issue from full wind until half wind. It gains like crazy, 1 minute in the first 3 hours alone. The second half of a wind it keeps perfect time.

Comment

For the full moon...

O&J June 2016 Full Moon.jpg

O&J June 2016 Macro.jpg

Comment

Awesome moonphase. I'm still having fun with the one on the right.

DavidM1

Comment

Put the Christopher Ward up for sale at 8.30pm, had a buyer by 10.20pm, received payment mid morning, into the mail by noon. Buyer will have it within 24 hours. I love the online world.

This morning I received this, buying it for a friend. Am checking it out for a couple of days before passing it on:

Once upon a time cheap autos were thin:

The bezel is about 35mm diameter, if you want to get a sense of scale. Dial and hands in mint condition, despite being 44 years old
                  Last edited by Der Amf; 06-21-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Well done with the sale and that is a nice looking piece.
                    DavidM1

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM1 View Post
                      Well done with the sale and that is a nice looking piece.
                      Usually I'm not a fan of Italic numerals, but these applied ones are so neatly done... another thing: despite the linen texture the dial still really gleams (something my photos totally fail to capture) - and that makes even more of the black numerals. Anyone got any idea what black applied numerals would be made out of?

I can't get over the sheer quality of the watch - the dial is 44 years old and is *immaculate*. The case has a couple of dings but the quality of the shaping always it to shrug them off. The last service is unknown - and the dirt in the lugs suggests it had been a while - yet the movement is still running at about +15s/d.

I'm also impressed by the quality this Singapore dealer sources - this is my third watch from him, and I've been seriously impressed by all three. I'll get complacent soon, no doubt
                      Last edited by Der Amf; 06-21-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Down the pub this evening so wearing a battered Seiko

Comment

Working...
                        X