Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few reviews, albeit not that recent:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/tou...ew-163559.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f8/cust...by-486229.html (pictures more than a review per se)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/my-t...ed-454977.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/tou...rt-353991.html

Comment

From what I have seen and heard, Tourby makes some decent watches. I like that they offer some degree of customization and they have some nice movement finishing. The Lawless Diver seemed to get a bit of attention when it came out and it still offers what imo is one of the coolest casebacks offered.

TOURBY%u00252BLawless%u00252B42%u00252B08.jpg

I like the Argentum models and the Enamel looks nice, too. They used to make an Art Deco model which had a great looking dial. I'm not sure what happened to this model, but the gray dial was very nice.

csm_1411_test_tourby_artdeco01_02c108a0b7.jpg

801AA4EC-B9AE-4878-AAE7-D19D429277DE_zpswhwg7slq.jpg
      -Brian

Comment

One of those grey model appeared for sale on watchrecon last week, the ad said it was now discontinued.

Some of those designs would suit 39mm so much better than 42mm (which is what most if not all the pictured ones are) but Unitas being what it is.....
        Last edited by Der Amf; 06-08-2016, 02:08 AM.
        Always eager to hear more

Comment

Maybe someone needs to develop a 35-36mm hand-wind movement with a few complications or modules (maybe even an auto module) that will be suitable for watches in the 38-40mm size. How big is the Valgranges movement in the RGM 400...is it available as a handwinder?
          Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-08-2016, 08:18 AM.
          Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
            Maybe someone needs to develop a 35-36mm hand-wind movement with a few complications or modules (maybe even an auto module) that will be suitable for watches in the 38-40mm size. How big is the Valgranges movement in the RGM 400...is it available as a handwinder?
            Isn't the Valgranges essentially just a 7750 stuck on a bigger plate, so that the date wheel is further out?

I think the problem for the market is the gap between the 7001 (23.5mm) and the 6497 (37mm)

The problem of putting undersized small seconds movements in large cases exists for all companies:

Same movement, one watch 42mm, one watch 38mm

Comment

Isn't the ETA 2801 reasonably small?

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
                Isn't the Valgranges essentially just a 7750 stuck on a bigger plate, so that the date wheel is further out?

I think the problem for the market is the gap between the 7001 (23.5mm) and the 6497 (37mm)

The problem of putting undersized small seconds movements in large cases exists for all companies:

Same movement, one watch 42mm, one watch 38mm
                IMO, both of those watches (especially the top one) could benefit from a simple design change: a larger diameter sub-seconds chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by mlcor View Post
                  They don't do a small seconds version

Comment

Originally posted by mlcor View Post
                    25.5mm:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...2uswk&ETA_2801

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
                      They don't do a small seconds version
                      Ah, you're right. Forgot about that.

Comment

There were sub seconds movements developed after watches began their slow growth in case diameter. Here's a Longines with a 6922 movement, which is 28mm wide (much bigger than the 7001 and a little bigger than the 28xx), and the subdial is quite far out. Eg here's a 37mm watch with one

I think that movement could be fitted in a 38mm or 39mm watch without the subdial looking stranded in the middle of the dial
                        Last edited by Der Amf; 06-08-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X