Watch related incoming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch related incoming.

Some custom straps made by an internet friend.

22mm distressed leather, possibly for my Kon Tiki

DSCN7101.jpg

22mm tapered down to 18mm. Hmm....possibly for a certain chronograph? Each one of these holes is punched individually with a plain old leather punch.

DSCN7108.jpg

Straight 22mm black with slate blue stitching, thin and extra supple.

DSCN7115.jpg

I already have one of his straps on this:

P2120350 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Very nice!
    "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

By chance I'm wearing my one of his today

Always eager to hear more

Comment

I love the rustic look and the level of comfort he manages to achieve.

Comment

Very nice Henry. I have a few straps on order from him too.

My incoming watch has just entered the beurocratic maze known as Maldives customs. Hope to have it by weekend.

Comment

Just got one recently myself...

sigpic

Comment

That's pretty cool. Another guy I know has a ball glove strap too.

Comment

So the new straps arrived yesterday,

The brown tapered strap in the back is the one I previously acquired from the same craftsman.

P6090002 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

I did not have a specific purpose for the black one but I put it on the Eterna Soleure to see what it looks like.

P6100206 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P6100204 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

The RGM 400 is advertised as having been inspired by 1970s technical chronographs. For me that means racing chronos...which means rally straps. I had this one sharply tapered to accept the RGM pin buckle.

P6090026.jpg

P6100178 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P6100182 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P6100184 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

The Eterna Kon Tiki strap is one of teh nicest factory straps I have ever seen, but it is on the dressy side. The Kon Tiki is one of the iconic adventurers watches so dressing it down seems appropriate.

P6100155 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P6100158 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P6100219 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P6100217 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

These are fabulous Henry.
                  DavidM1

Comment

The guy that makes them has a knife and a hand punch. Each hole in the rally strap is punched individually.

Comment

Lovely straps Henry, and good karma to support such a lovely fella.
                      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Henry... as artistic as you are, you may want to take a shot at making a couple of custom bands for whatever watch you believe could use one. Of course that would only be after you find a home for each of your new bands.

Tandy Leather can supply everything you could ever want to make a watch band, or anything else made of leather. They have stores all over the U.S., but also have mail order. You may want to check out their website.

Comment

That rally strap is fantastic. I may have to ask him to make something similar for the Tudor Heritage Chronograph.
                          -Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Woodlands1 View Post
                            Henry... as artistic as you are, you may want to take a shot at making a couple of custom bands for whatever watch you believe could use one. Of course that would only be after you find a home for each of your new bands.

Tandy Leather can supply everything you could ever want to make a watch band, or anything else made of leather. They have stores all over the U.S., but also have mail order. You may want to check out their website.
                            I wonder if I'd be satisfied with my own attempts to make a strap.
                            It seems a lot of chaps have struck out on the hand-made strap path--it might be a really fun hobby.
                            I've seen some made from baseball gloves and they look very cool.
                            That would be an amazing complement to one of RGM's 801s with the baseball enamel dial.
                            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                              I wonder if I'd be satisfied with my own attempts to make a strap.
                              It seems a lot of chaps have struck out on the hand-made strap path--it might be a really fun hobby.
                              I've seen some made from baseball gloves and they look very cool.
                              That would be an amazing complement to one of RGM's 801s with the baseball enamel dial.
                              You never know until you give it a shot Brad.

I only know about Tandy Leather because many moons ago my wife did catalogs for Tandy company products, including Tandy Leather in Ft. Worth. Occasionally she would bring home a project piece used for a catalog. Back then the big attraction was leather work for cowboy belts, holsters for pistols, etc.

Since that time I believe the Tandy family sold off the various companies. But, that was a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X