Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would the Longines calibre 6942 rank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strap needs a bit more breaking in, but watch feeling very happy on the wrist. The straight lines of the integrated lugs really giving it the presence that makes me forget it's only 34mm. Their downward angle fits me well too.

Right, back to breaking this strap in on the rack
    Always eager to hear more

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
      Please do. I am interested in that.
      mesh1.jpg

Comment

mesh2.jpg
        mesh3.jpg
        mesh4.jpg
        mesh5.jpg
        mesh6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
          Strap needs a bit more breaking in, but watch feeling very happy on the wrist. The straight lines of the integrated lugs really giving it the presence that makes me forget it's only 34mm. Their downward angle fits me well too.

Right, back to breaking this strap in on the rack

Very good looking watch. For some reason I find that the two 34mm vintage Longines I own both look just fine on my wrist, which is even a bit thicker than yours. That clean design lends itself to a larger wrist presence than one might think.
          Fiddling while Rome burns.

Comment

Originally posted by Der Amf View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20685[/ATTACH]

Well, isn't that something?
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Originally posted by skywatch View Post
              Very good looking watch. For some reason I find that the two 34mm vintage Longines I own both look just fine on my wrist, which is even a bit thicker than yours. That clean design lends itself to a larger wrist presence than one might think.
              I really enjoyed wearing it today. It certainly doesn't *feel* too small. Not like the Poljot 2209 which although 1mm larger always felt like it was perched on my wrist.

I think I chose the strap wrong. I think it needs to be a dark brown glossy crocodile-style, with white stitching. This matte mid brown isn't up to the watch's taut looks.

Comment

Thought you might find this interesting on the subject of polishing:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the same dealer has been offering a watch with the same case design, but with a grey dial and a date window. I had considered it but decided against. I just was looking at a photo of it saved on my phone and realised that one reason I hadn't gone for it was that the case of the grey model no longer has its original crispness.

Without the sharp edges it just looks like a small cute watch. I won't be getting mine tidied up.

Comment

It looks like someone intentionally polished off the sharp edges on the gray one.

And I agree with the dark brown croc over the lighter brown. I'm usually a fan of mid-ranges, but I think that watch would look very sharp with a darker strap. I'm not a fan of black straps in general, but I could see that watch wearing one very nicely. Perhaps only for certain occasions when brown isn't appropriate.
                  -Brian

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyB View Post
                    It looks like someone intentionally polished off the sharp edges on the gray one.

And I agree with the dark brown croc over the lighter brown. I'm usually a fan of mid-ranges, but I think that watch would look very sharp with a darker strap. I'm not a fan of black straps in general, but I could see that watch wearing one very nicely. Perhaps only for certain occasions when brown isn't appropriate.
                    Three terrible photos taken in unhelpful light in a great hurry

Comment

Working...
                    X