X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind or Grind? Gestalt...

I don't like GMT
    I don't like exposed wheels/dial parts
    I don't like.... oh, forget it. This watch absolutely rocks.
    The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
    Wind, wind, WIND! I think this is an amazing timepiece.

I have a strong disdain for text on dials (worldtimers in particular), but that one works on all levels. I'd love to see what Nomos would do with a chronograph or annual/perpetual calendar.
    -Brian

Comment

Wow, ok.

So I would call this Nomos' first ever flop. A complete grind. Though certainly a Nomoesque take on the world timer thing, it just falls flat for me. I think this is a dangerous sign.

But, I am sure people will love it and it will be hugely popular.

Comment

What I find funny is I dislike (or am rather "meh" about) most other Nomos designs

Comment

Would be awesome... if I could see the doggone thing! "Doctor, my eyes..."

Comment

Not my favourite Nomos.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I've chimed in in favour of this Nomos before. However, seeing it again does make me wonder whether I could live with the tiny date indication - I suspect not. The only Nomoi I don't like much are the ones with the curious power reserve windows dropped into the dial.
              DavidM1

Comment

Sparky, actually, I think it makes sense, you liking this watch and mostly meh about the rest of the line. It is, to be objective, a minimalist thing, at best, at worst, vanilla overload. I just happen to like that particular overload of vanilla.

Comment

+1
                  "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Working...
                  X