Huffery Puffery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huffery Puffery

Sometimes, methinks folks get carried...

"Simply put, this beautiful watch is a Grail-level Depression-era design classic for the advanced Hamilton collector"

I wonder, who among us might qualify as an "advanced Hamilton collector"?

Age or ability? Maybe it's just one that runs a little faster...
    DavidM1

Comment

Any thoughts, Tyler?
      Tempus fugit...

Comment

dang. was hoping the "minty patina" descriptor would be in there someplace.

Comment

It's brilliant.
          He's not just offering a watch, it's a "design classic"...meaning it may be ugly as sin.
          "Grail-level" could mean it's rare and/or it's in perfect condition, or it could be smoke & mirrors meant to make a noob think it's a must-have when it's really just a slightly uncommon variation of yet another 1930s Hammy with a 987 movement.
          If you're not an "advanced Hamilton collector" you may now think you want/need to be one.

I'm not sure I've seen a single sentence that implies so much.
          Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Brad's right on, here. I've known some very 'advanced level Hamilton collectors', guys who traded vintage Hammies in the thousands of dollars, with some really iconic pieces like a Yankees World Series engraved Piping Rock being truly "grail" worthy.
            http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/8/...-rock-for.html

sigpic

Comment

I have always thought the Piping Rock is one cool watch. I have another brand that is knock-off of the piping rock, but it just isn't the same.

Comment

Working...
              X