W or G? Nomos Lambda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W or G? Nomos Lambda

Nomos is coming out with two new watches this year. The Lambda has an 84 hour power reserve shown through the very large RdM on the dial. From the writeup I saw, it looks like it will be available in yellow or white gold.

Not the typical Nomos, but it does look beautifully finished. The rear view is amazing. The tonneau watch in the last picture will also be released with the same movement.

NOMOS Lambda Weissgold.jpg

NOMOS Lambda Rosegold glass back.jpg

NOMOS Lambda Lux pair.jpg
    -Brian

Wow, full wind of the round, not so much the tonneau

Comment

Nice, but WAYYYYY overpriced at 17-18K.

Kurt
      "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I agree completely...and with Kurt. That's a lot of scratch (and a lot of stunden)!

Addendum: I keep thinking the following piece (with an 18k movement) is available in the same general price range:

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Love the round one, intensely dislike the tonneau. Intensely dislike might be generous. Whereas the round one has the normal German stark beauty the tonneau looks like a preliminary sketch of an idea for a watch.

I guess we can officially say that Nomos prices aren't creeping up anymore.
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Gorgeous watch, ugly price.

Comment

It's almost unfair to compare that Journe to anything. I was not won over by the pictures of the Journe, but I fell hard for it after holding one in my hands. That is just about the perfect watch for me.
              -Brian

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyB View Post
                It's almost unfair to compare that Journe to anything. I was not won over by the pictures of the Journe, but I fell hard for it after holding one in my hands. That is just about the perfect watch for me.
                Yep, my previous shot may have been below the belt. I cannot consider anything in that price stratum to be exactly affordable, but the Chronometre Bleu is likely the bargain of the lot.

Brian, have you seen the Octa Divine 38 in the flesh? That piece, in RG, may be co-grail with the FJP Chronometre a Resonance.
                Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  Yep, my previous shot may have been below the belt. I cannot consider anything in that price stratum to be exactly affordable, but the Chronometre Bleu is likely the bargain of the lot.

Brian, have you seen the Octa Divine 38 in the flesh? That piece, in RG, may be co-grail with the FJP Chronometre a Resonance.
                  I have not seen the Octa Divine 38 in the flesh, but the Chronometre a Resonance is absolutely gorgeous in person. Given the option of an FJP and just about any other watch at the same price point, I can't imagine how anyone could ever choose the other watch. The craftsmanship is extraordinary.
                  -Brian

Comment

Well, I guess once you make the commitment to Lange & Sohn style 84hr 3/4 plate motors, there's no looking back on just dropping an ETA into things and selling them to the middle class anymore.
                    Nice-ish, but that's a club reserved for HOMYGAWD.
                    sigpic

Comment

Curious to see such ornate movement decoration on an otherwise austere watch. And a swan neck? Feels like a missed opportunity to add some design more in keeping with Nomos's chosen style.
                      DavidM1

Comment

Working...
                      X