OT: "new friend"...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: "new friend"...

Just made my third one....(the jag on the right). Happy about that, I am.

Offset-Brothers-I-10-13.jpg
    sigpic

Sure a lousy photo, though. Sorry.
    sigpic

Comment

Bad picture or not, awesome trio you have there Sir.

Comment

Well done, T!
        I bet you can get a few thousand tone variations out of those Jaguar-style electronics!

Comment

That's a lot of Twang Potential there. Nice!!!!
          Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Congrats
            "Rolex has shared every second of my time for the last 47 years." –Arnold Palmer, Golf Legend (2008)

Comment

Congrats! Now that you have built three are you officially a luthier (not sure of the spelling)? Or does it only apply to acoustic?

Comment

Thanks, gents! My wife suggested (again) that I make one just to sell. She keeps saying that despite the economics of building these things, which I've explained to her several times. They're almost never worth the money you've got into them. Well, in this case the Jag might be.
                sigpic

Comment

Just beautiful, Tyler. I'd love to see some more pics.
                  DavidM1

Comment

Thanks, David, I'll work on the lighting situation. The iridescence of the pickguard/headstock are hard to photograph, it seems.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jealous I am of you musician types, especially musician craftsmen.

What's the story with the wall art? Tell me it's inspired by a real spot. I have yet to find a car hop with buck naked waitresses.

Comment

Ah, the mural...
                        When we first looked at the house, that car ('51 Merc 'James Dean Special') was actually in the garage. The opposite wall was covered with a set of shelves laden with trophies. He turned on the garage light and my jaw just hit the floor.
                        The owner had the Merc immortalized on the wall, in a picture of a joint that's right up the street from us here. It was a cruise spot in the '50's, so it fit right in. The place hasn't changed a bit, though the neighborhood has grown up around it.
                        Also in the picture (neighborhood rumor has it..) is his daughter as the nude carhop, and a good friend of his, a high ranking Hell's Angel on a chopper.
                        He wanted to cover it up, when I bought the house, but I asked him to leave it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Fresco! Now I 'feel' the spirit of the photograph. I thought it was just a roll of paper backdrop you've purchased in an art shop. My sons are dying to run their fingers on those guitars. Nice trio, Tyler
                          Tempus fugit...

Comment

Zang! Made the tremolo arm tip out of a pearly acrylic intended for making pens...
                            Arm-tip.jpg
                            sigpic

Comment

That looks great! The copper really has a life of its own.

In the original photo, what wood did you use for the guitar on the left?
                              -Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X