Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Watch Wednesday (do we still do that?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Watch Wednesday (do we still do that?)

For between-rounds entertainment, here are two newly released IWC Pilot Chronos.

In one corner the IWC St. Exupery, on my wrist. In the other corner, the IWC 3717, in a picture by Laurance Yap..

I'm having a terrible time deciding which I like better. I already own the St E and it is one or the other. I'm thinking I'll stay with the St E.

WWW for you?

I like the top best but the color of the two larger subdials looks a little bland to me. Someone colorize them.

Larry

Comment

Which watch Whichwatch

You keep the St. Exupery and I'll take the 3717. That's my preference.

Bradley

Comment

St. Exupery is...

... wonderful. So much flavor there.

Comment

St. Ex IMO.
          Regards...DW

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

Comment

It's really two different things

In other words, I could easily justify owning both.

For my own tastes, the more flavorful, slightly more exotic StEx appeals to me. The 3717, has a very serious, functional dial.

They're both IWC so there's no real question of which one is better executed.

It then boils down to, if you can only have one, which flavor do you prefer. The more individualistic, retro look of the StEx or the more stoic, formal 3717. I think that either way, you win. It just depends on which expresses your taste better.

Comment

Well..... I like the all black. The top one is neat but not as clean.

Comment

stay right where you are....

the other one is nice, but the Saint looks ten times better to my eyes.
                "most things are NOS for a reason"

Comment

I have two decisions

I'd pick the St Exupery if they provide a black day/date wheel and change the name. It bugs me when I not sure how something is pronounced.
                  What is it Sain't Egs HOOP r ee or Sant X zoo pree or ???

If not I'll take the 3717, I can pronounce it and love the date wheel and classic chrono looks.
                  Living in a Van down by the river

Comment

No brainer on this one...

The St. E has it in spades over the other. The silver subdials offer a wonderful contrast. As for the 3717... I much prefer the old "Dopple" to its replacement. Call me crazy.

Comment

St. Exupery all the way

I love the brown dial and larger sub-dials. It is different from other chronographs out there. Since I first saw it announced, I was like wow. That would be my keeper of the two.
                      Todd

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Comment

St E. for me. Wait maybe 3717. Shuck, both I guess.

Comment

Gorgeous watches ....... droooool.
                          sigpic
                          Brandon (and Maddie, RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by whichwatch
                            For between-rounds entertainment, here are two newly released IWC Pilot Chronos.

In one corner the IWC St. Exupery, on my wrist. In the other corner, the IWC 3717, in a picture by Laurance Yap..

I'm having a terrible time deciding which I like better. I already own the St E and it is one or the other. I'm thinking I'll stay with the St E.

WWW for you?

It cpmes down to a preference of decades. The St. Exup is an homage to the 20s. The "standard" bears the classic look of the 40s.

I admire the earlier, but I'd prefer to live with the latter.
                            Most people check the time. I look at my watch. sigpic

Comment

St. Exupery by a mile

The 3717 is obviously no slouch but it looks like a Damasko (not that there's anything wrong with Damasko).
                              If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.
                              - Mario Andretti

Comment

Working...
                              X