Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teasers are jerks

Yeah, that's me.

Suffice to say, I shot video of a recent RGM custom project this morning that is, quite literally, like nothing you've ever seen from them before. It's mind blowing. It's weird. It's beautiful. It's ridiculous. It's all precious metal. A lot of precious metal. And it's custom. Very custom.

If you thought all RGM did was make stoic, American inspired, traditional watches, be ready to have that paradigm not just challenged but thrown to the ground, kicked, beaten and tossed in the river.

Oh my. I hope I get to see it next week!
    I'm planning to drop in for a visit during my week between jobs!
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Oh my. It's quite an amazing thing...and the box is pretty slick also!
      Maybe we can get you to post video and Rich to post some photos after the customer takes delivery..."soon."

Comment

The final shoot is today.

I'm sure once it has been delivered we can and will post something to see.

Comment

Word is out:

More info:
          http://rgmwatches.com/blog/?p=422

Comment

What are the hour markings supposed to be? Their design seems a bit incongruous with the rest of the watch. The movement and engraving is beautiful. I'm envious of those that got to see this in person. I can only imagine how impressive it would have been to see up close.
            -Brian

Comment

Holy Cats! Whoever RSF is, she's a lucky lady...
              http://vimeo.com/78291195
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TylerEOT View Post
                Holy Cats! Whoever RSF is, she's a lucky lady...
                http://vimeo.com/78291195

Might be the nicest women's watch ever.
                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

If I recall correctly, the chapters marking are different stylized flowers, the design coming from the owner of the watch.

And yes, holding it is quite an experience. As you might imagine, it has significant mass to it.

One of my favorite things about this project is that it manages to redefine "feminine" horologically. We always think of women's timepieces as small, simple and, well, let's face it, kind of plain compared to many of the things made for men. Here's a watch that is clearly "no compromises", very much exhibits the new owners tastes and style and is still, remarkably, very much an RGM piece. That someone had the temerity to put a tourbillon a chain still kills me. I love that.

And the music box, that's a story all in itself. The music box in the case is amazing.

Comment

It certainly sets a new standard for women's timepieces. It is like a modern interpretation of those dainty pocketwatches in the exquisite cases.

I was so distracted about the watch that I forgot to mention the music box. That is an incredibly cool touch and a nice complement to the watch.
                    -Brian

Comment

It is an amazing thing to see. Unfortunately, Rich was photographing it the day I visited, and I was not allowed to wind it because he wanted images with a still balance wheel. Nonetheless, it is truly impressive. The hour markers represent tulips, I believe-as Russell said, the wishes of the client dictated them.
                      It's a massive, heavy, solid piece of remarkable engineering. It would make a great pocketwatch, no doubt!

Comment

Working...
                      X