Can anyone help with odd size crystal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with odd size crystal

Hi I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I am trying to source a new glass for a watch but not having much luck, I hope someone on here can help me or point me in the right direction. The dimensions of the glass I need are L 27mm x W 16mm with a curve from top to bottom. I have provided pictures to see if that helps also. Any help or advice would be great, I'm thinking of just getting a replacement watch but would like to fix this one.
    Watch1.jpgWatch2.jpg

I'm not sure I would know where to find such a crystal; regardless of the width and length, the curvature would have to be perfect in order to make a good seal.
    I suspect you would want the assistance of a watchmaker, unless you are familiar with seating and sealing replacement crystals of that sort.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Thanks for the reply, not really what I wanted to hear but thanks all the same. I am not familiar with watches at all really, I broke the glass while changing the battery but didn't expect to have this sort of trouble finding a replacement. if there is anyone out there who could help I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Bad news. Unless it is a well-known watch bearing a prestigious brandname, most fashion watch manufacturers, even the 'signature' watches don't offer crystal replacement of that sort. They will force you to buy another watch of the same design. But if you turn earth upside down you may find an exact size and curvature offered for vintage 'tank' watches such as (better read well) Hamilton, Elgin, Bulova, Waltham, Gruen, Cartier (Car-tea-'A'), etc. These are listed by the dozens in the 'Bay. Last resort, if those blings are real diamonds and worthy of restoration, try this link. They may ask for a very special price. Good luck!
        Tempus fugit...

Comment

LOL Blings are as fake as the watch I'm afraid that's why I'm considering just buying a new watch. The glass did say Guess on it but there is no model number. Are there any other options available apart from crystal? Is there not a plastic equivalent I could source?? Thanks for your reply I am looking on ebay for the names you suggested to see if there is anything matching but not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ademaxx View Post
            LOL Blings are as fake as the watch I'm afraid that's why I'm considering just buying a new watch. The glass did say Guess on it but there is no model number. Are there any other options available apart from crystal? Is there not a plastic equivalent I could source?? Thanks for your reply I am looking on ebay for the names you suggested to see if there is anything matching but not looking good.
            I guess it answers it's own question: Guess.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X