Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what's the worst thing You've ever done to a watch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had astoundingly bad luck with things this year, but good luck with warranties. My waterproof Olympus flooded in Jamaica, but Olympus fixed it, and now Swatch is fixing my Rado. Just one more thing to go. My Asus Zenbook's keyboard went psychotic and then the charger crapped out. No word from them yet...
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

MSRP on the new GH chronometer is $3100.
      An 18k 56-H is less than $2000 on ebay.de
      Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I will have to start selling some paintings, I guess. Cindy told me if I make around $10k in painting sales I can have it. I have done bigger numbers than that, if I try really hard, so it is possible. Normally I restrict my watch budget to 20% of sales, but if she can live with 30% I can live with 30%. Of course I can't count the commissions I already have because they are paying for the Stowa.

Head down, get to work.

Comment

Scratches on cases and crystals have happened, certainly. The most recent tragedy was when I lost this one last year while out surfing. I was paddling to catch the wave and as I was pushing up, getting to my feet, I felt something "pop" on my wrist - I just thought the clasp popping open. As soon as I was to my feet I sensed it was gone. Shame.

The replacement....

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
            Head down, get to work.

That was surprisingly easy...

Comment

LOL! One week, eh?
              Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

The work itself is not complete, but yeah, it only took two days to secure the funds. Most of the week was waiting for the watch.

Comment

In my early twenties my wife was kind enough to buy me my first Rado.an Integral,platinum ceramic with gold accents.i wore this watch for easily 14 years.
                  one day in the garage i was using a dremel to finish a project and some how it slid,and while my wrist was fine,the whole clasp of my rado was deeply scrached.maybe not the worst thing i have done,but this watch holds the most sentimental value to me.so it hurt the most.

Comment

Working...
                  X