Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind or Grind? Historiques Aronde 1954...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind or Grind? Historiques Aronde 1954...

I really, absolutely have not a single negative thing to say about this. Wow.
    Drool.
    Wind.

Vacheron Constantin Historiques Aronde 1954

Technical specification

Model: Vacheron Constantin Historiques Aronde 1954 Model reference: 81018/000R-9657
    Case: 18-carat pink gold case; dimensions 31.20 mm x 44.50 mm; height 10.20 mm; water resistant to 3 bar (30 metres); sapphire crystal to the front and solid caseback.
    Functions: Hours; minutes; subsidiary seconds
    Movement: 1400 AS; Hand-wound movement; frequency 28,800 vph (4 Hz); 20 jewels; 40 hours power reserve.
    Strap: Brown alligator strap on pin buckle

Stunning! That's some amazing crystal.
    The only think I can think of as an improvement would be a large rectangular movement...that's the one thing Rolex did exactly right with their Cellini Prince models.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Wind that aronde and aronde! This is what B&R should have done with that argentium thing: seize the bold vintage look and execute it with confidence.
      sigpic

Comment

Like.

Comment

+1 Brad. It is a crime that VC would use a tiny little round movement for this watch. Honestly, it's so obvious yet using the round movement not only leaves the seconds register floating it's just pedestrian.

And while I do like the case, the dial is big, cold pile of meh. Really, beneath a company that aspires to the claims VC makes. Beautifully executed meh.

Comment

I agree with you for the most part, Russell. But I guess I need to pull back from 100% concurrence and consider that VC probably didn't set out to build The Perfect Watch Of This Type but rather The Watch Our Customers Will Buy. Considering also that they did use a really nice movement and that the dial is very much the sort of thing that was done early post-WWII, I will give it a solid Wind.
            Not exciting, nor adventurous, but correct. If Correct = Meh, so be it.
            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10454[/ATTACH] :d

Comment

Nice ........ but Patek did it first and did it better !

Kurt
                "So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

I can't deny the PP is gorgeous, but I think the VC sings to me more.
                  could they have done more/better? Sure, maybe. "Meh"? Not to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X