No announcement yet.

I've been Moderated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I post a pic of a cat and was kicked out, those guys are a little sensitive.

Comment

You have no idea the jackassery you are dealing with and associated with at TZ. I was a heavy contributor to many watch boards for many years...I got banned at TZ for the following:

Massenema got into a "fight" with someone about Omegas...in the end he tossed his bull**** weight around, telling the guy that he (the guy) did not know who he (the guy) was dealing with and he (the guy) better be careful or he (the guy) would be gone...this because the guy was rather politely disagreeing with Massenema and perhaps questioning the rightness of his (Massenema's) sanctimonious posturing.. I weighed in with the following (paraphrasing): I might be concerned about ex-wives with PMS, poisonous snakes and Islamic terrorists...in roughly that order...a TZ mod doesn't even rank on the list...sorry.

I was banned for life the next day by Massenema (ooooOoOooOO...he sure taught me)...I wrote to Stan whom I had met in person, had commmunicated with about mod/admin issues (I was Sr. Admin on another site at the time) and told him what happened...basically saying "really, I mean really...a lifetime ban"...Stan told me that while he did not agree with his fellow Mods on all issues he was powerless to do anything.

You want my take...the TZ mods as a group are a bunch of eunuchs, Harem guards in fool's caps with flyswatters...fainthearted wretches and fearful sissies...the watch world has passed them by...good luck being one...I don't know you but being lumped in with that group is not what you think it is.

Regards, Ted (TMK)

Originally posted by Terry F. View Post
      Gosh, it's tough to read all of the criticism of TZ. I quess we are failing to make a comfortable place for everyone to hang out. I don't have a lot of control over that, but I wish you guys would join us on occasion.

Personally, I am pro-EOT and I thought the whole TZ site was too.

Regarding moderation, I didn't think it was overhanded but perhaps it is. I know we get a lot of schill posters and they get banned after one post but I thought that was the extent of it.

I sincerely hope you guys reconsider at some point.

Best,
      Terry F.

Comment

the way of the world, apparently

TZ is hardly the only 'large' forum with this type of rule. One other that comes to mind explained to me (patiently, I admit, but still not very convincingly) that they are OK with links to external sites as long as they are not watch-related(!). That is, CNN is OK (despite the obvious commercial content), even though presumably the particular page is likely to be 'watch-related', because...they are paranoid of their clientele being pulled to other sites rich with watch content. Not just other forums/blogs, not just people selling watches and watch merchandise, anything, obviously including my own terminally non-commercial scribblings.

Comment

Howdy, Ted! Some fine colorful invective there!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SteveG View Post
            they are paranoid of their clientele being pulled to other sites rich with watch content.
            Nailed it. Insular; no sense of being part of a global community.
            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Jocke View Post
              I post a pic of a cat and was kicked out, those guys are a little sensitive.
              Hey, they might be alergic, y'know?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjbocean View Post
                leaves much to be desired.
                Have not had any first hand experiences...
                Now you do!

LOL, I had to revisit this post to remind me how silly the whole thing was last time, too.
                Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Working...
                X