These are now available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are now available?

I found this on TZ Public Forum - someone posting about their new watch. Apparently these are now available? Anyone know pricing or other details?

Last time I checked, they were not on the RGM web site, but I believe the dials & hands are in stock (Rich was wearing one a couple weeks ago when I visited). I'm certain you can order one. It's a very cool line of 801s!
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

I had no idea they were shipping yet. Have they even announced the other dials that will be available? Or pricing?
      -Brian

Comment

here's what I know

Three different dials. I don't know the price but it's an 801 inside, so maybe $6k? I believe that RGM has shipped the first half dozen sold. I shot all three dials in the video Sparky posted last week. The movement comes in either gold plate or rhodium plate.

If you want one, call Rich. I'm sure he has the pricing details as well as availability.

I think the thing to keep in mind is, it's 801 powered and as such, there isn't a pile of movement laying around for these. I would guess they're being built to order.

Sorry about not knowing more about pricing, I just shoot them.

Comment

Thanks, Russell. You know more than I do, so the info is always appreciated. My watch funds are completely depleted and unlikely to be replenished in the foreseeable future, so pricing information is for curiosity purposes only. I haven't had a chance to check out the video, but I will make an effort to do so.
          -Brian

Comment

I didn't have time to check any details but I thought I noticed that they announced it on Facebook last week.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

They are...

...the first one shipped in a platinum case a few months ago. Rich told me the pricing, but now I forget... He might as well have told me the price of a Bugatti Veyron.
              sigpic

Comment

So what do I know

A platinum cased 801A? I had no idea.

See, I'm a terrible source for inside information.

Comment

But seriously, platinum? For a watch designed after an aircraft clock? Nothing against platinum, but it doesn't seem an appropriate choice for this type of design. I'd stick to good old stainless. I'd probably even go for aluminum (or an aluminum alloy) before going for platinum. Then again, my piggy bank isn't large enough to hold enough pennies to buy a platinum watch, so my opinion is largely irrelevant.
                  -Brian

Comment

Sweet. Very sweet.

Comment

As The Jam adroitly noted, "the public wants what the public gets."

Comment

RGM 801 Aircraft

I will have these up on the RGM web site soon , if you check some time this Friday they should appear. As well as our Series 2 diver and new Model 250.

Brushed Stainless Steel ( No Platinum , during my conversations it may have slipped that our 20 th Anniversary piece - caliber 20 will appear in Platinum , Gold & Steel.

801 A dial options as seen Option "12" , "24" & "60" , as mentioned you can see these dial variations on our face book page.

Thanks for the nice post,

talk soon
                        -Rich

Comment

Oops. My misunderstanding, sorry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Those dial options look great! I don't know how you expect people to make a decision when there is no wrong choice.
                            -Brian

Comment

Just re-discovered this pair of photos I took at the NAWCC museum several years ago...

I see this is now on the RGM site:

Comment

Working...
                              X