Did we W or G this yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did we W or G this yet?

Stowa Antea KS 41. 41mm version of the classic small seconds Antea. Announced at Basel this year. Unitas 6498 inside. The dial is even emptier than normal with the removal of German Made.

I wish the hands were blue and that the mid brown croc strap was an option. Niggles, only niggles.

I think at 41mm that dial must look as big as a harvest moon.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

W, of course!

A very nice watch in the good old Bauhaus design. The "made in Germany" is still on the bottom.
    Best regards, Mike
    vintage-rado.de

Comment

Well that is certainly an easy wind!

I'm torn on the blued hands. Of the Stowas I have, 1 has gold hands, 2 have black hands, and only 1 has blued hands. Strangely enough, the blued hands are probably the least noticeable of the bunch as they are on the black-dialed Flieger B and rarely do I get that lovely flash of blue.

The black handed models have a more vintage look to them as are based on watches designed for maximum legibility. In that sense, the black hands work very well.

That said, I think the black hands on this one look great and visually tie in with the stark numbers. The blued numbers would probably work well, too, but I think they are more impressive looking on the smaller sized Anteas.
      -Brian

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyB View Post
        Well that is certainly an easy wind!

I'm torn on the blued hands. Of the Stowas I have, 1 has gold hands, 2 have black hands, and only 1 has blued hands. Strangely enough, the blued hands are probably the least noticeable of the bunch as they are on the black-dialed Flieger B and rarely do I get that lovely flash of blue.

The black handed models have a more vintage look to them as are based on watches designed for maximum legibility. In that sense, the black hands work very well.

That said, I think the black hands on this one look great and visually tie in with the stark numbers. The blued numbers would probably work well, too, but I think they are more impressive looking on the smaller sized Anteas.
        Do you have the 35.5 mm Antea KS? If so, how do you like the size and what is your "ideal" size? I have heard it wears quite a bit larger than it is.

Comment

I like it

I'm just not a big Unitas fan.

Comment

I have the Polish edition Antea, which is based on the 39mm Antea. It does wear a good bit larger than the dimensions would seem. I would think that the larger 41mm would seem very large. I am partial to 40mm or less watches, so the 35.5mm Antea would be a good size, imo.

-Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian. I am seriously considering an Antea and your comments confirm my
              underlying feelings. If they had a hand wind in the 37-39mm range it would be an easy choice, but since they don't my personal feeling was that I should probably err on the small side. As much as I like the back of the 41.
              Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 05-04-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

My Nomos Orion is 35mm and wears very well. I would err on the smaller side, too, because the vintage feel of the Stowa and Nomos will always work well at those sizes.

The straight lugs of the Antea also provide the feeling that it is a larger watch.
                -Brian

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X