• Show
Clear All

• Incoming ..............

Tuesday by 10:00 a.m.

:@)

Kurt

"So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Aw, you done did it, din'cha!

Neat, canNOT wait to see your real-world pics!!

Comment

Thanks ..........

I finished 'Darkening Sun' (My 4th Novel) today. Decided I needed to commemorate the occasion with something to remember it by. This one took a while, 89 chapters and 447 pages.

I know, I know, any excuse to buy a new Watch.

Pictures on Tuesday.

:@)

Kurt

Comment

Wow! I am very curious to hear your impressions of that one.

Congratulations on finishing the new book, too!
        -Brian

Comment

Thanks, this ones on the short list .............

Pictures tomorrow !

Kurt

Comment

Some more info ..............

Compliments of Minidriver on TZ.

These watches get often ignored because they are "Citizens" and "Quartz" but the level of craftsmanship is a lot higher than their MSRP prices would suggest. Their cases, bracelets and clasps are easily some of the best in the business.

Their sapphire crystals are dual AR coated and simply vanish in front of your eyes. The dials are intricate and detailed, not to Campanola standards, but they hold their own.

These watches are not substitutes to Campanolas or JDM Citizen Chronomasters (They are in a higher level, IMHO) but the Signature Collection deliver a very respectable watch in the sub $1000 price bracket that can easily shame some watches that cost double their suggested retail.

My sample is based on the Citizen Eco-Drive E210 movement that was first introduced in the Citizen Calibre 2100 Chronographs back in 2004. The caliber used here is the E260 which features longer power reserve, faster charging solar panels, moon phase complication, flyback mechanically actuated (Yes you are reading that correctly) 12 hour chronograph. The movements are fully hand assembled and are jeweled (11 jewels to be exact).

Here is an imploded diagram of the E210/E260 movement so you can see the complexity and hand labor assembly found in this "quartz" movement:

Comment

Wow! That is amazing to see.
              -Brian

Comment

oh, that is cool!

Comment

Working...
                X