• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mayer: Watch Junkie...

... really?

I guess so! and contributor...!

Yeah...

I'd heard that..but ..yeah...

"Being a watch guy almost never equates to being a snob". In his case, perhaps it's just a coincidence.
    sigpic

Comment

Ha! For what it's worth, I could not name one JM tune, nor could I even hum it.
      Just not interested?

Comment

I have nothing against the chap. In fact, I cannot say I'd recognize his face or his music.
        However, some friends of mine wrote & recorded a (presumably tongue-in-cheek) song called "Standing on the Shoulders of the Carcass of John Mayer ":

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sd7Ib4t9_Js" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Shameless plug for a really cool band who asked me to provide background vocal arrangements and vocal tracks on their upcoming release "Choose Your Own Damn Adventure." I wore an RGM in the studio for the first sessions...)
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

But as a guitar player...

...he's really very good. But he's also got the ego to go with it.

I mean, even when he's being "gracious"... BB's about ready to smack him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jv6J2aQo2rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
          Last edited by TylerEOT; 04-13-2012, 01:39 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Makes me miss playing "alt-rock".
            sigpic

Comment

He Likes Sneakers, Too

Music critics adore him. Women worship him. He makes barrels of money and donates a lot of it. He's funny and charming.

I've known about his love of watches for years.

I hate him.
              Most people check the time. I look at my watch. sigpic

Comment

Sneakers? Now that is one thing I just don't get. What do you actually do with a sneaker collection? Do you wear them? Mount them in plastic display cases? Stash them away in bigger boxes? Are certain sizes more collectible?
                -Brian

Comment

He collects them?

If there's actually a market for them later, I suppose it is not any stranger than buying a bunch of kid's toys that never get taken out of their boxes.

Besides, if he has pots of cash and donates alot of it, I suppose he has to find some way he enjoys to dispose of the rest. Caint taykit witcher.

Comment

Google &quot;Sneaker Forum&quot;

Almost frightening the number of hits.

Comment

Here's an older article about his collection

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/t-...DYsvaere/Pwp0A

Comment

Good article, thanks for the link!
                        Too bad the "favorite timekeepers" pic gallery only showed a few rather well known pieces :(

Comment

Full Circle

Originally posted by BrandonS View Post
                          Good article, thanks for the link!
                          Too bad the "favorite timekeepers" pic gallery only showed a few rather well known pieces :(
                          This article was several years ago. Since then, he's narrowed his scope to "vintage Rolex."

Comment

Hey Tyler, here's another cool song (and very entertaining animated video) by the band for whom I recently wrote/recorded backing vocals. I thought you might dig Eric's crisp guitar work:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aNyHhpQRSVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                            X