Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind or Grind? Horizon...

The Ikepod Horizon.
    I am generally a big fan of things Ikepod.

This? Should be called the "Eating Eggs with Fat Chopsticks".

GRIND!

Marc Newson needs to be stopped

Grind it. Grind it because it's terrible. Grind it because I have no idea what it is showing. Grind it because, well, just because.

Comment

I have no idea why, but I actually kind of like this one. Something about its ridiculously bloated markers and hands makes it a bit playful. It's like they took the hands and markers from a wall clock and smushed them into a watch face.

I'm going to go out on a limb and give it a wind.
      -Brian

Comment

Is it to commemorate a pending Partridge Family reunion? Danny B. will be so pleased.

I assume the top hand is for indicating minutes, in the traditional manner? Two hands of the same length defies a necessaryconvention, I'd say. I don't dislike the design premse itself...merely some of the execution.
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

A little digging turned up that this watch was designed by the artist known as KAWS, who is a graffiti artist turned painter/scuptor/toymaker/etc.

One of his trademarks is the use of an "X" which explains the hands on this watch. This watch is actually very fitting with his other work.

There is an article in the NY Times magazine about the artist and his work that you can find here.
          -Brian

Comment

I'm too old-school (read "luddite"). Graffiti and Artist do not go together.
            All the more reason to GRIND.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
              Is it to commemorate a pending Partridge Family reunion? Danny B. will be so pleased.

I assume the top hand is for indicating minutes, in the traditional manner? Two hands of the same length defies a necessaryconvention, I'd say. I don't dislike the design premse itself...merely some of the execution.

You beat me too it.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
              X