Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Both off and on topic: I hope this doesn't mean I've upset Mercury.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Brandon. It's a printing press. You must know that he....

...bakes donuts with it!

Originally posted by BrandonS View Post
    What in the name of Gutenberg?
    Printing press! What kind of work do you do with it?
    Waiting on a Manhattan... at least you already have one to wear to soften the pain!

Comment

Sure, but WHAT KIND OF DONUTS???

heck, it could have been a nice gravure and he could be counterfeiting all sorts of currency...

Comment

Gotta' be....

...these.

Originally posted by BrandonS View Post
        Sure, but WHAT KIND OF DONUTS???

heck, it could have been a nice gravure and he could be counterfeiting all sorts of currency...

Comment

I sure could use a couple of those today...

Comment

Yup, it's 54 feet high. Each portrait is an 8 foot by8 foot square.

And in answer to you other question- Yes...maybe...and no. I wanted to use a variety of "pop" styles.

Yes-Clinkskill was very staid and scholarly, he brought the University here, so bookish colours and appearance and formal lines. Willoughby was very egalitarian and had a great profile so a Lenin-esque treatment (Communism was supposed to be egalitarian). JC Drinkle was a wild man who looked innocent so a circa 1964 Beatles style portrait. Wilson's casual portrait was too good to pass up but didn't really fit with the formality of the others so I imposed formality with the deKoening background.

Maybe- Cairns- I wanted to do one of them in a halftone fashion and choise him randomly and Bowerman just reminded me of Yellow submarine era hippy animation.

No- Flanagan just became what wasn't too awful.
            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Thanks Jun. I'll be happy if someone misses them one day when they are gone.

Comment

It'd be these:

beignet.jpg

Comment

9 weeks late, but it's here!

401342_10150620194283707_692693706_9179516_73538843_n.jpg

One day before I go on a holiday. I don't know if I can arrange everything before I go.

Comment

I would HATE to see the shipping charge on THAT parcel!!!

Comment

Not as bad as you might think. I bought it through the American dealer, so the shipping from Taiwan to Vancouver was included in the cost of the press, which was very reasonable. I only paid from Vancouver to my door and that would barely buy me an entry level automatic Rado.

Speaking of Rados, doesn't that D-Star gleam?

Comment

here's to hoping

there's a forklift somewhere. I would hate to see what that pallet could do to the average pallet jack.

Congrats on the new toy!

Comment

yes, it does! And be careful cutting those metal straps... when they release they could give your shiny Rado a few more "angles"!!!

Comment

That's really cool. I saw a "How Do They Make It" show on TV once where an electronics factory recieved sheets of tiny printed circuits to put in their product.

Another amazing thing I've seen recently is the 3-D printer which they use to create custom designed 3-dimensional objects. In the demo they went from a computer design to a finished custom door handle in brass with a "printer". Are you familiar with these?

Comment

I'd look for a feature in the manual that says Print reduction from 4' x 4' down to 1" x 1" It's there somewhere Congratulations, Henry.
                              Tempus fugit...

Comment

Working...
                              X