Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple, modern designs catching your eye?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw this Rado for the first time today in an ad in Wired mag... and here it is again. It looks great on - I noticed it in the pic before I realised it was an ad.
    DavidM1

Comment

Nice choice. That's a sharp photo, also. I gotta learn how to get good, clear lume shots like that. My camera is so much better than I am at photography. I'm unworthy.
      Last edited by Watch Carefully; 12-08-2010, 10:06 AM.
      Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

One more. Ressence Platform Watch 2010.

At the risk of reviving a dead thread, I like this regulator rethink. Definitely modern in an ipod sort of way, and a wonderfully simple case (I love the new take on the wired lugs). It can however be argued that regulators are not all that simple as an everyday timekeeping system.

Brent

But even this wears off in time.

Comment

I forgot about the Ressence. That is another incredibly cool modern option.
          -Brian

Comment

I really like the Chronoscope. Bauhaus design is so retro-futuristic, really '30s.

My RGM diver's watch has a vintage matte dial; one of the things I truly love about it is that it is so simple and legible. I can read it at a glance. The perfect dials are black with white hands, like aircraft instruments, or the solid white with black hands like old railroad watches.

Miao, Cat

Comment

Mondaine? Love them!

I got this Stop-to-Go while living in Fondue Land.

It is a quartz movement, but the neat thing is that the minutes hand does not advance until the seconds hand reaches 12 o'clock. It stops fractionally and the minute hand advances one step, just like the clocks at Swiss railway stations.

I could only afford it because a jewelry shop in my little village was liquidating its inventory. There are only two times of the year for discount sales in Switzerland, and the only exception is for shops trying to close down. My luck!

Comment

Bountiful

There are so many designs in this thread that I truly love. The Mondaine railway watch, the Junghans chronoscope, the Nomos. I never realized I was a modern minimalist. I guess I can't deny it now.

Comment

I like the MIH Watch .............

Clean, yet both simple and complicated, and designed by a Master.

Kurt

"So Many Watches / So Little Time"

Comment

Kinda what the Ventura Watch Co. *could* have been!
                    MIH hits on all cylinders.

Comment

Yep ...............

Ventura was really onto something. If they could have come up with the money to finish this project I think it would have been something special. I tried to order one but to my knowledge they never shipped any.

Kurt

Here's one I did have, loved, and should have kept. This model was quartz.

Comment

Wow!

What a great thread!

I was waiting for a Junghans Chronoscope to show up. They keep tempting me, such a wonderfully classic, modern design in a new watch!

Originally posted by TylerEOT View Post
                        This strikes me as truly modern....

All I can say is !

Comment

Only ask and though shall receive ...............

Kurt

Comment

Kurt, your collection never ceases to amaze me! You have and have had some mighty fine specimens.
                            -Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian !

Comment

Working...
                              X