Yes, I'm asking the question that should not be asked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have thought of that ...

...but we're just a bunch of dumb tackle collectors. I mean, collecting old fishing tackle? How smart can you be.
    _____

You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill.

Little Feat

_____

dean.

Comment

Tyler

Generally speaking I think you make an excellent but here's why I think the downtown hotel would be best, there's a ton of stuff to walk to. In the past Convergences you really had to get in a car and drive to do anything other than go to a gas station. That's the downside of the hotels on the edge of town.

So the question is, how important is that feature?

Maybe it's not important at all.

And yeah, it's more than a little self-serving for me. Being able to walk to the hotel from my house would be cool.

Comment

oh, and regarding Van Halen

It was brown M&Ms.

Interesting that the real reason they did that had a pretty practical application not just to be (insert favorite diatribe here). As one might imagine, "1984" era VH had a pretty complex contract given the size of tour and whatnot. VH used that rider to test whether or not the promoter had even read the contract. They go into the dressing room and find brown M&Ms, they know they had problems. Kind of ingenious in a way when you think about it.

Comment

That's definitely got something to be said for it...

and I wonder if it might eliminate another problem - the bus. Enough of us will be driving that even if there were a few off-site events that required driving, we could probably carpool. As long as we can walk to where we're drinking so nobody need DUI, do we even need the bus?

-Nate

Comment

That is clever...

I assume you've seen Iggy Pop's rider? Work of comic genius.

-Nate

Comment

Finally, a story on that that makes sense!
              sigpic

Comment

I'll bring Jack Daniels and some of his other friends
                Last edited by Holzie; 09-20-2009, 10:50 PM.
                Living in a Van down by the river

Comment

Thanks Nate

I had not seen the Iggy riders before and they were well worth the time invested reading them. Brilliant stuff.

Forgive me if I've quoted this here before. From memory, one line from the Glen Danzig rider:

"No will look Mr. Danzig directly in the eyes"

To which someone had appended, "who besides Glen is short enough to look right into his eyes?"

Comment

That's awesome...

I never realized he was a tiny dude.

(The answer, of course, to the appended question is "Gordon Gano.")

-Nate

Comment

You two need to get a room.

What does this have to do with Jack Daniels??
                      Living in a Van down by the river

Comment

You have to take Russell's posts wherever you can find them.
                        DavidM1

Comment

Reminds me of the thesis written by Dr. John Craven (discoverer of the resting place of the USS Scorpion).
                          On one page he wrote something like "whoever has read and is willing to discuss this page will get a case of beer from me"... of course his professor's didn't read his thesis.

Comment

Neat trick.
                            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Working...
                            X