Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Morning Roll Call...

Hello gents (and ladies?),
    It's a lovely morning; here in the mid-Atlantic states we're finally seeing the sun. I'm beginning the week with my Howard wristwatch work-in-progress...what's your watch of choice this fine day?

Brad

Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Mr. Schaffo at my wrist

Comment

That's a sharp 3DM/chrono, Uli! What's the story behind that one??

Comment

Rolex DSSD

Comment

no big story, Brad. Saw it at an austrian store, loved it, bought it. This is No. 7 of a small series of Kurt Schaffo's chronos with a nicely tuned Valjoux 7751. Not the high end skeleton movement stuff, Mr. Schaffo is doing normally, but done with love. And a great guy too. When some color of the tachymetre ring went off he visited my watchmaker when doing a trip to Pforzheim and brought 3 of those rings, 2 sapphire glasses and paid the bill (movement service included). And left a business card with a short meassage and his private number in case of having any further problems.

The watch itselfmeasures 39.5 mm and wears extrmely comfortable. It is running +1/-2 secs a day on my wrist and i never had a rotor spinning so free and light. As everything that leaves the atelier at Le Locle the master and his team had been working on something that is quite good by nature to make it perfect.

Just a watch that makes me smile when i see it (and my wife loves it too. She once told me i should sell all my watches except the family pieces and this one )

Comment

My new watch arrived!!!

Say hello to my Robert Lighton San Remo.

From Thursday to Monday is no time at all - I wasn't expecting it for days.

I've just taken a couple of quick shots tonight and I'll take a few more on the weekend with some decent light.

I love it.

DavidM1

Comment

That is very cool...New York, late 1930s.
              Dig it!

Comment

That's a beauty! Lighton does the

vintage look soooo well!

Comment

Wonderful!!

I don't know why I didn't think of that one when you showed the Deco clock. I'm now kicking myself as the sale they had might have been a great opportunity to own one.
                  Congratulations, it's a beauty!
                  sigpic

Comment

That's right. It's named after an apartment building on Central Park West that was built between 1929 and about 1932. Apparently a bit of an icon like the Dakota building. I must call in one day.
                    DavidM1

Comment

cool stuff!

congrats, a clear classic look i love to see

Comment

Thanks Dick! It was your Hudson photos that got me onto RL and I agonised over which one to get for some time. I think I would have been happy with either. Emailing you and George helped a lot.
                        DavidM1

Comment

Absolutely wonderful! De-deco-liscious!

Comment

Wearing my sun shiny tool watch on a black zulu ....

sigpic
                            Brandon (and Maddie, RIP)

Comment

Tyler, I have some good news and some bad news... the sale continues!

I bought mine new, fresh from RL at 62 Greene Street, New York, NY. I think they have sold out of the Growler but most of the other models seem to be still available.
                              DavidM1

Comment

Working...
                              X