$1000 watch for $265.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1000 watch for $265.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I had to chime in on the Spirit. I love Seikos. I have, and have had, a few:

I ordered this one Sunday evening eastern time, from Japan. It arrived this afternoon, which surprised the hell out of me. Immediately took it off the bracelet and put in on a strap. Wow.

I've had a lot of watches at lots of price points, but nothing that I remember has made an initial impression like this one:

Regards...DW

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

I also posted over on TZ. I'll post here too. I agree with you.

The Seiko Spirit line is a great value that has a very high quality feel to it. Seiko definitely didn't cut corners on it.

I like your strap combo. Looks really good.

How did you like the Seiko Brightz?

Congrats on your the Spirit.
    Todd

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, Todd. I like yours as well.

The Brightz was interesting. I love the case shape, but did not like the glossiness of the dial. The bracelet is really nice, but the watch looks better on a strap. It's a watch full of contradictions, and I decided it looks better in pictures than in real life. Just the opposite of the Spirit.
      Regards...DW

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

Comment

Nothing like Team Spirit!!

Little more exposure!

Last edited by Holzie; 10-24-2006, 10:20 PM. Reason: another pic
        Living in a Van down by the river

Comment

Great pics! Yes, those watches are awesome. Incredible for the money.

I've got an above-$1000 Seiko singing to me. Thankfully I don't have the money or I'd just buy it now!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have been eyeing that Brightz, but will have to think on it.

I like a lot of the Spirits. The blue really called to me. I have been wanting a blue dial and that sunburst/graded dial with the retro feel called my name..lol.
            Todd

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks great Dave, especially the curves of the case and the shape of the hands.
              DavidM1

Comment

Both yours on the strap and Holzie's on bracelet

look terrific. Looks and sounds like a heck of a value!

Comment

Jeez, guys...

my 5 is starting to feel like the redheaded stepchild...

-Nate

Comment

Working...
                  X