New Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival

It's been a long break between Rados but I picked this one up in an auction last week. I hadn't really been looking to buy but I thought it an interesting looking piece in good condition, so I decided to place a conservative bid which turned out to be just enough. I've not owned a Musketeer before and having done a little research, it seems that it's more common to have the pattern running vertically on this model. I think it's quite nice how the centre row on the bracelet mirrors the bezel pattern. Another thing I discovered upon close inspection is that it's another of the Rados with a faceted acrylic crystal, it's not easy to see but it has 5 horizontal facets.

20190820_103608 (1).jpg
    20190820_104835.jpg
    20190819_121705 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Tim.; 08-20-2019, 01:54 AM.

Congratulations Tim. I don't know much about Musketeers but that's a cool looking piece.
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Nice one Tim, congratulations.

Comment

Congrats Tim! The best Muskteer I have seen so far!

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
          Congratulations Tim. I don't know much about Musketeers but that's a cool looking piece.
          Thanks mate, likewise, I don't know much about them either, other than that apart from the 515 it's the only other Rado where one of the models uses the NCC concept (Musketeer viii, I think Kevin has some). I think I was just attracted to the, I don't know how best to put it, maybe one could call it an "industrial look", all corrugations and perforated metal, that and it being in good condition.
          Last edited by Tim.; 08-20-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
            Nice one Tim, congratulations.
            Thanks Jose, "one for all and all for one"!

Comment

Originally posted by oneonlyonline View Post
              Congrats Tim! The best Muskteer I have seen so far!
              Thanks Azu, I've no doubt it's been cleaned up by someone, but it hasn't been overdone, all the case details are still pretty sharp and there's no brass showing through on the bezel, which is so often the case with this model.
              Last edited by Tim.; 08-20-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Iíve got the same one Tim. It was buried in my safe. Here are a few more Musketeers. 117AAB0B-56C6-45FE-BE65-D0A400595810.jpeg 341FF7A6-8DEC-4B8F-B7DA-08B614A19630.jpeg 4318D859-5A0C-4A1D-8B68-FC2EB01EA1B6.jpeg AD4D5AEB-D3D9-48F6-844C-7A3118E5C23D.jpeg 4034F7F5-298A-47FF-867F-FDA11D91EEE4.jpeg

Comment

Forgot about the Musketeer X with faceted crystal. Itís also a little different, as it has an integrated bracelet. E464F17B-D309-4E78-89E4-39EE4E87CF76.jpeg

Comment

Nice find Tim! A member here used to have at least one example of every Musketeer model.

I have/had one. I can't remember what number, but it had the same case as Kevin's blue Musketeer V, but with a pretty unique faceted acrylic crystal. The facets were similar to a simplified Maltese Cross. The photos of it are stuck over at Photobucket and I can't be bothered to jump through their hoops to retrieve them.
                    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X