Rado ceramica Konstantin Grcic scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rado ceramica Konstantin Grcic scratches

To weeks go i"ve bought a beautifull rado ceramica Konstantin Grcic limited edition. I noticed that the strap scratched easily. After two times wearing the watch as an evening watch for some diners, I saw scratches on the strap. Because of the matt finish of the watch it looks not nice anymore. I bought the watch because of the design and the scratch resistance. But I am now very disappointed because the watch is not durable and very fragile. Does anyone have same experiences with this watch?

For now am I trying to get my money back.

Did you buy the watch from a Rado AD? Could you post a few photos of the watch front and back, along with the damage?

Comment

Anything is possible. Rados are more scratch resistant than most watches. It would be very uncommon however to scratch it eating dinner. Like Tim, I'd be interested in pictures of the front, the caseback and the scratches. Where did you buy it and how much did you pay? If you got it from an AD, did you raise the issue with them?

I have several ceramic Rados, but have never had a matte ceramic though others on this forum have. All of the ceramics get swirl marks and such though they can be difficult to see and they are much more durable than stainless steel or a DLC type coating.
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

My experience of Rado ceramic watches is limitted to a matte R5.5.

Not sure if the matte R5.5's are made from a different formulation or not but they don't seem to get scratched at all. I would go so far as to say I think it would shatter before it got scratched That was my understanding of all Rado ceramics so I am disappointed that some report swirls.

I have worn my R5.5 for years at a wooden desk - no swirlies at all. Clasp and bracelet still looks brand new. The whole thing does. I've become so confident of it's toughness that I recently wore it onsite at a property pre-opening for six weeks. Treated it like a beater. I've even (accidently) walked it into a concrete wall hard enough to knock paint and plaster off. Would NOT recommend you do this, but after washing the paint and concrete off the watch, there wasn't a mark on that R5.5.

If Rado is marketing it as 'scratchproof' I think you should speak to the AD. If you can get a refund, there are still matte R5.5's available. If you like the looks, I can vouch for their comfort and durability.

Comment

Thanks for the relations. I had a couple of weeks holliday so i was not alle to reply.
          i bought the watch by an official dealer.

Comment

Tomorrow I go to the dealer and discuss this issue with them. I will let you know the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Rjb View Post
              Tomorrow I go to the dealer and discuss this issue with them. I will let you know the result.
              Best of luck! Rado doesn't issue a warranty on their ceramics but that just doesn't look right. They can be persuaded, so you might be alright. Let us know how it turns out.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Working...
              X