Not really a new arrival.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really a new arrival.

I got this watch sometime around 2010 from Gene. It came on an aftermarket bracelet and had a badly faded blue dial. I put it on an SK and I swapped the dial for a bog standard black with markers Diastar dial, but never really bonded with it, left it in a drawer for the best part of the last decade and then got an opportunity to do this, courtesy of an ongoing project between Scott and I.

P1011787 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

P1011791 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

What a stunning reclamation, Hank.
    That bracelet looks fantastic, and the tiger-eye almost has the texture of exotic hardwood.
    Lovely.

Comment

Thanks Brad. I think the dial is really nice slice. When Scott picked it up and said he had a different use for the case, it inspired me to pull out the 14. Those stepped three row bracelets are really nice. They are a bit of a default for me.

I just saw a picture of this watch the other day. I'll try remember where that was and post it. Quite a change.

Comment

That looks fantastic mate. Great to see that dial put to good use. As Brad said, the texture of the tiger eye is reminiscent of the grain in a piece of hardwood.
        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Beautiful watch Henry. The result is more than the sum of the parts.
          https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Thatís definitely a nice slice of stone! This is a case that was worth the waiting for the right combination. I have a few cases waiting for just the right piece to complete. This one is stunning, Iím jealous.

Comment

Looks great Henry, nice work.
              See my collection slideshow at
              http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Well worth waiting for Henry, beautiful synergy, well done.
                Last edited by Tim.; 06-27-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Thank you all gents! I am really happy with the end result. A decade llater I finally like my Diastar 14. Once again, this would not have been possible without Scott.

Comment

C91E5BB8-6FCC-4793-9E46-27D38167305F.jpeg Kinda makes me wonder what bits and pieces we each have sitting around waiting for the right part to finish a project. Pretty sure we all probably have something thatís just taking up space in our stock of stuff that someone else has been looking for? Myself, I have a nos gold plated NCC 505 case with crystal and stem with the plastic like covering still attached that has been waiting for a few years for the right internals among other unfinished projects too numerous to mention. The hunt is what makes this hobby so much fun. Just my opinion.
                    Last edited by jethrobodine; 06-28-2019, 12:55 PM. Reason: Added photo

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                      C91E5BB8-6FCC-4793-9E46-27D38167305F.jpeg Kinda makes me wonder what bits and pieces we each have sitting around waiting for the right part to finish a project. Pretty sure we all probably have something thatís just taking up space in our stock of stuff that someone else has been looking for? Myself, I have a nos gold plated NCC 505 case with crystal and stem with the plastic like covering still attached that has been waiting for a few years for the right internals among other unfinished projects too numerous to mention. The hunt is what makes this hobby so much fun. Just my opinion.
                      We should do a big project watch thread, maybe some of those project watches will be finished
                      https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                        You are not wrong. Two of my favourite things in watch collecting were finally acquiring an early 60s vintage strap for my Dia 0 project, which didn't come from within the group, and putting the factory bracelet on my Shell Sapphire, which did come from Scott. I still get pleasure from tha watch every time Scott posts that he wore it.

Comment

Originally posted by pecardoso View Post

We should do a big project watch thread, maybe some of those project watches will be finished
                          I endorse this.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

I endorse this.
                            Me too. It would be good to see some of those parts put to good use instead of cluttering up drawers.
                            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Very nice, I like it well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X