Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MMff

    Hello all and welcome to another Funky Friday. There's been a number of interesting events on EoT this week. The full report of Henry's dive adventures, Mick acquiring his long awaited DS1 dated AS chronometer, a photo of the new green 42 mm variant of the CC Mk1 and the arrival of Brad's Sea 3, to name but a few. What's been on your wrist this week?
    Here's my lot.

    Charged up the Landmaster last weekend.

    Weekend.jpg

    A bit of a change in style on Monday with the blue stripe NCC 101.

    Mon.jpg


    From blue to green on Tuesday with a Sapphire Horse. I had a bit of a search for these the other day as I'd like to acquire one with sapphire markers at some point, but they're a bit thin on the ground, I could only find one for sale in the entire online world and it was a white dial version of this one.

    Tue.jpg


    My ever trusty Frigate on Wednesday.

    Wed.jpg


    On Thursday, inspired by Henry's adventures in the deep, sea monsters, ship wrecks and the like. I dug out this strange watch that I named Captain Nemo. It has a screw in crown and 100M of WR, so it could potentially go into the deep like it's namesake, but I think the name is also appropriate for a couple of other reasons. Firstly, it needs to be a fictitious character as Rado denies any knowledge of ever having made the watch, no good naming it after a real captain like Cook for instance. And secondly, the colour of the toughened titanium and the unusual lugged bezel give it that old fashioned "20,000 leagues" sci-fi look.

    Thus.jpg


    DS1 Chronometer today, this one's 5 years younger than Mick's lucky find. Have a great weekend everyone.

    Fri.jpg


  • #2
    I grabbed the same one today

    _20190517_093946.JPG

    Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

    Comment


    • #3
      A nicely eclectic selection this week Tim. I'm going with the DS chronometer as it's an all time favourite of mine.

      Originally posted by Tim. View Post
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
        I grabbed the same one today

        _20190517_093946.JPG
        Hard to beat Marcus
        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

        Comment


        • #5
          Another hectic week but this is how I told the time.

          Abalone Balboa on Monday.

          20190513_172018.jpg

          Red goldstone Diastar 8/1 on Tuesday.

          20190514_173832.jpg

          Wednesday brought out the big guns with the lapis NCC505 paired with blue glass cufflinks.

          20190515_194914.jpg

          Another chunk of funk on Thursday with the silver Hardtron.

          20190516_074119.jpg

          Today sees me going back to the beginning of my Rado obsession with the Diastar '0'.

          20190517_132826.jpg

          Have a great weekend guys.
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

          Comment


          • #6
            That NCC blue stripe is a stunner, Tim.

            Here's my week...you may see a theme develop.

            Last weekend saw me camping/hiking/biking, so I wore a thin watch on bracelet. This was made by some guys in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania:



            For my trip to Maryland mid-week, I chose a watch made by some guys in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, using a movement produced in the city of Lancaster, Pennsylvania:



            Since yesterday, I am wearing this new watch, designed by some guys on this site and built by some guys in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania:



            I'm in a rut, it seems, but I'm enjoying it!


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by scottjc View Post
              Another hectic week but this is how I told the time.

              Abalone Balboa on Monday.

              Red goldstone Diastar 8/1 on Tuesday.

              Wednesday brought out the big guns with the lapis NCC505 paired with blue glass cufflinks.

              Another chunk of funk on Thursday with the silver Hardtron.

              Today sees me going back to the beginning of my Rado obsession with the Diastar '0'.

              Have a great weekend guys.
              Scott, that is one heck of an exotic line-up...the first four are a lesson on How To Make A Rare Early Diastar Seem Ordinary.
              And, of course, it is anything BUT!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

                Scott, that is one heck of an exotic line-up...the first four are a lesson on How To Make A Rare Early Diastar Seem Ordinary.
                And, of course, it is anything BUT!
                Thanks very much Brad. I wouldn't mind being stuck in your rut either.
                http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                Comment


                • #9
                  Orient this week ...

                  ... MForce Titanium 200 m Diver

                  0 Orient MForce Titanium a.jpg
                  Best regards, Mike
                  vintage-rado.de

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tim. View Post

                    A bit of a change in style on Monday with the blue stripe NCC 101.

                    Mon.jpg


                    I so very nearly wore mine today, so I have to pick the blue stripe 101.

                    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mike184 View Post
                      Orient this week ...

                      ... MForce Titanium 200 m Diver

                      0 Orient MForce Titanium a.jpg
                      That looks much smaller than the M-Force Ti I used to have. Of course , Orient didn't name it The Beast for no reason.

                      Beast by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
                      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                        That NCC blue stripe is a stunner, Tim.

                        Here's my week...you may see a theme develop.

                        Last weekend saw me camping/hiking/biking, so I wore a thin watch on bracelet. This was made by some guys in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania:



                        For my trip to Maryland mid-week, I chose a watch made by some guys in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, using a movement produced in the city of Lancaster, Pennsylvania:



                        Since yesterday, I am wearing this new watch, designed by some guys on this site and built by some guys in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania:



                        I'm in a rut, it seems, but I'm enjoying it!


                        Great lineup Brad!
                        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by scottjc View Post

                          Wednesday brought out the big guns with the lapis NCC505 paired with blue glass cufflinks.

                          20190515_194914.jpg
                          As you well know I don't even like lapis and yet this is the clear winner for me this week.
                          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                            I grabbed the same one today

                            _20190517_093946.JPG
                            As Scott says, hard to beat.
                            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

                              As you well know I don't even like lapis and yet this is the clear winner for me this week.
                              The one you don't like is your favourite? Not sure how to take that...
                              http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X