Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identify my RADO!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Identify my RADO!

    Hi guys,

    Iím new here so if I have done something wrong please do let me know.

    Iíve recently acquired a Rado Voyager and would like to know if itís real and if so, any other additional information you can give me about it.

    From what Iíve read online a real Rado should have 8 digits on the back (although the RADO and Ďwater sealedí lettering has faded, it does have a serial number) and the anchor should move (it does).

    If more photos are needed let me know!

    Please help!

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi and welcome Elliot. I'd say it's an early to mid 80's Rado Voyager with Swarovski crystal markers. Ref# will be something like 636.3237.2 or there about and it should have an ETA 2836-1 inside. The crystal on these is mineral glass, so small scratches can be polished out. The ref# on yours is fairly worn and hard to see but the watch looks to be genuine and in reasonable condition externally at least. If you want to check the movement, those case backs come off pretty easily with a watch knife.
      Last edited by Tim.; 05-12-2019, 07:24 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tim. View Post
        Hi and welcome Elliot. I'd say it's an early to mid 80's Rado Voyager with Swarovski crystal markers. Ref# will be something like 636.3237.2 or there about and it should have an ETA 2836-1 inside. The crystal on these is mineral glass, so small scratches can be polished out. The ref# on yours is fairly worn and hard to see but the watch looks to be genuine and in reasonable condition externally at least. If you want to check the movement, those case backs come of pretty easily with a watch knife.


        Thanks for the info Tim! I have one more question, when I move the watch I hear a rattling sound - is this normal? Iím going to get it looked at anyway, but was just wondering.

        thanks again

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ElliotStvnsn View Post



          Thanks for the info Tim! I have one more question, when I move the watch I hear a rattling sound - is this normal? Iím going to get it looked at anyway, but was just wondering.

          thanks again
          Possibly one or more of the screws that hold the automatic winding mechanism down have come loose.
          Last edited by Tim.; 05-12-2019, 07:23 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tim. View Post

            Possibly one or more of the screws that hold the automatic winding mechanism down have come loose.
            ... or the bearing of the rotor is finished.

            I agree with Timīs rating of that Voyager.
            The reference number is visible, but not readable, but I think itīs a "4" at the end(xxx.xxxx.4).
            So itīs 1982 or earlier and should contain an ETA 2836-1 or -2.
            1982 or later, they used the "1" for SS cases(and the "4" for ceramic ones), but surely, already produced parts were used up.

            If you want to wear it, it should be serviced anyway
            Best regards, Mike
            vintage-rado.de

            Comment

            Working...
            X