The 2019 Golden Horse models.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2019 Golden Horse models.

Good news, bad news for me personally, on the Golden Horse front. It is apparently about to be released. The Rado rep will have at least one in Saskatoon that I could see. At the beginning of May. When I will be in Jamaica.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Sapphire crystal(s)?
    Any chronometers?
    Sizes?...

So many questions!
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
      Sapphire crystal(s)?
      Any chronometers?
      Sizes?...

So many questions!
      Some answers. No chronometer. Powermatics in the l and Xl size and 2671s in the mid-size.

Sizes:

35 X 41 X 10.1

37X 44.8 X 10.8 This size is only available in the LE, of which there are 1957 pieces.

42X 49.4 X 10.4

All models have box sapphire crystals, so they will strongly resemble the original acrylic ones.

All models appear to have full size rotating anchors. Case construction is steel. The models that feature bezels have either Ceramos or plasma High Tech ceramic bezels.

All models have 50 m WR.

THERE ARE COLOURS!!!!!

Prices range from 1700 CHF for the two tone dialed LE on leather up to 2600CHF for one of the women's Jubilé models. Most of them, even on bracelets seem to be in the 1900-2100 range.

There seems to be a total of 16 variants across three case variations and three case sizes. There aare two bracelet variations, a BoR and a modern style, plus strap options.

Delivery... mid June.

The Rado rep was right when she told me it would be coming back in a big way. This is a full line. I am pretty happy to see the first iconic Rado model back and admit I may have my eye on one ro two of the variants.
      Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 04-10-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Case construction is steel.
        Fascinating. I would have thought we'd see some HyperChrome in there.

Comment

IMG_20190410_104302_875.jpg IMG_20190410_104431_235.jpg IMG_20190410_104523_555.jpg IMG_20190410_104503_427.jpg IMG_20190410_104416_952.jpg IMG_20190410_104515_315.jpg IMG_20190410_104539_335.jpg IMG_20190410_104549_444.jpg Some quick cellphone pics of the sales rep's data sheets.

Comment

That's a comprehensive line up!
            Thanks for the info Henry.
            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Yes it is pretty comprehensive, but as always it's not exactly what one wants, not that I'm looking to buy any time soon.

I'd really like........this on the BOR......or this with a big anchor
              image_25173.png image_25172.png
              In any case, thanks for sharing Henry.

Comment

What are the sizes, Henry? Any news on that?

I agree the BoR looks great, Tim.

Comment

The black and red one is 37mm. The others are all 42mm for the mens and 35 for the womens sizes. I am pretty eager to see the 37mm LE, which is also the only one with a Seahorse back. All the others are display back.

I would also like to see the green, blue or grey 42mm with that interesting bezel interpretation.

IMG_20190410_104515_315.jpg

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                  What are the sizes, Henry? Any news on that?

I agree the BoR looks great, Tim.

Comment

It does strike me as a little strange that they have put the big anchor on the mod bracelet and the small anchor on the vintage style. Maybe it's because of the Hyperchrome GH?

P2120074 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                    Yes it is pretty comprehensive, but as always it's not exactly what one wants, not that I'm looking to buy any time soon.

I'd really like........this on the BOR......or this with a big anchor
                    image_25173.png image_25172.png
                    In any case, thanks for sharing Henry.

Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 04-11-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Bugger! Guess I'll miss that too.

I can't even get the Captain Cook Mk2 here in Saudi. None of the ADs have the 1965 either and I can't get them interested in inquiring with Rado Switzerland. They just shrug and say "Not for Saudi Market".

Of course if you want a TC bezel in gold finish with 'gemstones' on the dial - this we have a lot of. Hahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                      X