Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member! Rado Balboa V Deluxe!

Hi everyone

My name is Azu and I知 30 years old (I believe I知 the youngest here).

I joined the forum a while ago and I have been seeing really great collection of vintage Rado and very friendly members! I hope I can be welcomed here and also I hope I can be a helpful member. I知 so interested in collecting vintage Rado especially those with mineral dials or funky looking crystals. So far I have collected 2 so you can call me a newbie.

I joined the forum to contribute with ideas, share photos of my watches, be fun, and even to help with parts. If I have anything that is in no use for me I値l post and maybe I can give it to someone who would use the part in completing their projects.

So my first watch is Rado Balboa V Deluxe with hawk痴 eye stone dial. Here are the photos. Please do share your photos if you have one so we can compare.

Cheers!
    Rado Balboa V Deluxe 1 Rado Balboa V Deluxe 2 Rado Balboa V Deluxe 3

Hello and welcome, that's a very nice example and a great looking slice of hawk's eye, congrats.

Comment

Thank you Tim!

Comment

Hi Azu and welcome!
        It's great to see new members joining and becoming involved in the learning and discussion here.
        Congrats on obtaining a rare model. The Balboa Deluxes are hard to find, and those with mineral dials in good condition are desirable.
        I hope you find that 7-row NSA bracelet comfortable. It is one of my favorites.
        Cheers,
        Brad

Comment

Hi Azu, nice to see you here at last.

This is my hawks eye Deluxe along with another one from my collection.

WP_20160927_09_56_12_Pro (2).jpg
          WP_20170604_14_19_42_Pro (2).jpg
          http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Welcome Azu and I think you are probably the youngest.

Comment

Welcome Azu!
              I wish you a great time inside EOT, you will find some nice people with great knowlegde in here about vintage Rados. Steel or carbide cases, painted or mineral dialsdials, its all there.
              BTW, yours is a very nice Balboa Deluxe Hawk Eye.
              I also own one, a silver carbide cased example:

_20190319_220815.JPG
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Hello and welcome Azu. I知 also a relatively new member at EOT, although I致e been collecting for some time. There is a wealth of Rado related knowledge here and friendly people. It痴 a lot of fun :-) Love your Balboa Deluxe, congrats!

Comment

Hi & welcome, Azu!

A real nice model in good condition to start a Rado-collection!
                  Enjoy the forum and have fun!
                  Best regards, Mike
                  vintage-rado.de

Comment

Thank you Brad! The bracelet is amazing! Sadly the gold color on it is almost faded!

Scott, my man! The white dial is so beautiful!

Cheers Jose!

Great Balboa Deluxe Marcus, it's really interesting to see different "slices".

Thank you JRG! I totally agree with you, very friendly people.

Cheers Mike!

Comment

Hello and welcome Azu. Nice to see you posting here. Nice Balboa Deluxe. Mine is almost identical to yours, though yours seems in better shape. Is the gold on your bracelet chipping off or simply quite pale but very shiny?

bdl_8599975891_o.jpg

Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Thank you Henry. It's still shiny but the color is pale as you said. I like your bracelet on the Deluxe. I have the same bracelet on a Diastar 14. I'll post photos soon. It seems my hawk's eye cut is the best on the forum lol

Comment

Hi Azu, its nice to see you joined the Rado forum. Pablo
                          https://www.instagram.com/the_rado_collector/

Comment

So, here's the good news. The gold on your bracelet isn't faded. Rado made it that way. I think they kept it so pale for the champagne case. Anyway, that's howit should be. I have several of those, though I can't find any picture at the moment.

Originally posted by oneonlyonline View Post
                            Thank you Henry. It's still shiny but the color is pale as you said. I like your bracelet on the Deluxe. I have the same bracelet on a Diastar 14. I'll post photos soon. It seems my hawk's eye cut is the best on the forum lol
                            Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Sorry guys for the late reply, I have been busy with life!

Thank you Pabo! I hope I can see your watches here in the forum as well!

Henry, I'm actually starting to like it the way it is now! Cheers mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X