Another Golden Horse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Golden Horse?

Gents, for your consideration is possibly another Golden Horse reissue. This one popped up in a post featuring new releases by what looks to be a Japanese watch blogger on a Japanese Rado-Related hashtag I follow. I can see it's a Golden Horse but am not too sure what else is going on here. I'm happy to link to the post if a Japanese reader can shed any light.

OK, since you've found something, I think I can let this out of the bag. There absolutely is a new version of the Golden Horse coming out. I believe it is more of a new iteration rather than a reissue. It will be available where I am, Canada, so I assume it will be for worldwide distribution. My understanding is that Rado will be pushing it hard.

I am awaiting images of it. When my source gets them, I will get them.

On an editorial note, I think this is, if anything, overdue. The Golden Horse is Rado's first iconic model.It is possible that if the Golden Horse hadn't been such a resounding success in Asia the Diastar might never be. If the Diastar didn't happen, it's unlikely that all the wonderful lunacy that followed wouldn't have happened either.

Last but not least, some legit watch authority, possibly Bruce Shawkey once pointed out that all dress Grand Seikos are derived from the original Seiko sport watch... which was an homage to the Golden Horse.

I am pretty excited to see it. From Yokieds pic it appears to lean towards the 70s GHs with the fluted bezel. IF it channels that and a little of the Jetliner look...
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 03-14-2019, 12:40 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

The bezel is interesting. It's not a coin rim as I first thought. It looks like simple demarcations or maybe a series of flat planes. Nice tapered BoR bracelet and a high-ish box crystal. Dark red shade blue dial? Hard to tell for sure in that kind of lighting.

Comment

Hooray for the large red anchor disc!!
        Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
          Hooray for the large red anchor disc!!
          Things are looking up! All in all, very exciting news.

Comment

Well, another Japanese watch blogger has thrown up these. Two more Golden Horses? Look at that red dial.

Comment

Originally posted by yokied View Post
              Well, another Japanese watch blogger has thrown up these. Two more Golden Horses? Look at that red dial.
              I did say Rado will be pushing it hard. From a message I got a few weeks back "...but shhhh, Golden Horse is coming back in a big way..."
              Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 03-15-2019, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X