No announcement yet.

MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! Really late to the party. We went on a quick 1200km(roundtrip) road trip. A friend who is in his early-mid fifties had a heart valve replaced so we went to see him. He's doing surprisingly well.

The week started with the L10. I love this watch.

37191157914_5051bab261_o copy by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Monday it was Tiki time

tiki by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Tuesday The 50 Years of.

P6270059 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday I chose the very first Rado I ever bought, 1961 deLuxe.

20190227_093938 copy copy.jpg

Thursday, CC MkII, posing on the as yet unreleased 2019 catalogue. P2280199.jpg

P2280203.jpg Friday through last night it was the default

PC010057 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Hey Henry, Nice CC Mk 11, but even though it has a Rado crystal you should look for a correct CC Mk 11 crystal. It is quite thick, with sloping sides to hide/distort the metal surround around the internal bezel, as in the catalogue photo. I recall it was necessary for the proper rotation of the bezel. The last one I had I sent to Junmel when he serviced my Rados. If the reissued CC Mk11s are accurate you can I suppose obtain a new sapphire crystal. Other than that a donor crystal. I'll look though my biscuit tins and see if I still have any donors.
      I'm so sick and tired of my friends who can't handle their alcohol. The other night they dropped me three times while carrying me to the car

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
        Early again this week, happy Friday folks, first day of Autumn down here and the first day of Spring up there. I think it's official, we've just had the hottest Summer on record and although it might be Autumn now, much of southern Australia will still be baking in +40c temperatures for the next few days. Enough of the weather, let's see your watches, here's mine.

Last weekend continued on with Friday's XL, couldn't find a good enough reason to change it.

Weekend.jpg

Monday, an all time favourite.

Mon.jpg

Thursday. Something a little groovy for the last day of Summer.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tThus.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t311.2 KB ID:\t576565","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"576565","data-size":"full"}
        Excellent week Tim. I could easily pick any of these three and I am not sure I cae to pick just one.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
          Wearing my mineral DS 515 this week, mounted the NOS 3row SK from the pink DS53....a win/win situation for both pieces!

_20190301_122854.JPG
          Outstanding Pimp!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
            EB956E27-024A-4AD6-A03A-9BB6D7689309.jpeg I have been wearing all three of these at some point today, all needed a little tlc. Does anyone have available any of the flat three or seven row gold plated end pieces for a Manhattan?

Nice lineup JP but those Manhattan end links are rare as hens teeth. I have been looking for a set of 19mm ones for my Miami for as long as I have been collecting. If I had ever found a set of 20mm one, I'd have bought them and filed them down to 19.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
              Nice watches this week.
              Wore two this week, have a great weekend.
              Tim stay hydrated.

I love how often manhattans pop up here now.

Comment

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                Next weeks watches will be quite restricted as I'm off to Austria for a wedding on Monday.
                These are the watches I wore this week.

Monday and Tuesday saw the SpaceWing.

20190228_122925.jpg
                Nice, diverse week with a balance of steel and hard cases as well as case colour and uncommon shapes.

95% of the time a Space Wing is on offer, I'll choose it and I will this week too.

Comment

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                  My, that's in lovely shape.

Comment

Originally posted by hongit View Post

Hey Henry, Nice CC Mk 11, but even though it has a Rado crystal you should look for a correct CC Mk 11 crystal. It is quite thick, with sloping sides to hide/distort the metal surround around the internal bezel, as in the catalogue photo. I recall it was necessary for the proper rotation of the bezel. The last one I had I sent to Junmel when he serviced my Rados. If the reissued CC Mk11s are accurate you can I suppose obtain a new sapphire crystal. Other than that a donor crystal. I'll look though my biscuit tins and see if I still have any donors.
                    Thanks for the kind offer Ken, but before we go too far, let's confirm that this is not an original crystal. As the CIA likes to say- I have a high degree of confidence that mine is correct.

The bezel works exactly as it should. The crystal is 34mm at the base and the shoulder tapers inwards to a diameter of 33mm at the top. It is gently domed. The watch and crystal together are 14.25mm high.

Rado lists the new 3d scanned CC Mk II as being 14.3mm thick.

Here is my crystal and here is Rados photo of the new CC Mk II crystal in profile.
                    cc crystal orig.jpg

CC crystal..png
                    Now, even if mine is correct and you do come across one that is less yellowed, I'd happily buy it or any other good CC Mk II parts you have. I am pretty happy with it as is, but I did buy it with the intention of doing a restoration.
                    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; 03-06-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Excellent week Tim. I could easily pick any of these three and I am not sure I cae to pick just one.
                      Hi and thanks Henry, missed your post altogether as I spent most of yesterday under my daughter's car trying to squeeze a few more K's out of it for her.
                      When I didn't see a post from you over the weekend I rather thought you must have gone off to the Caribbean already, as you'd been talking about dive gear and such lately. Your 50 years of is my pick for this week, love the sharp angle of the markers and the straight brushing, it makes for a very clean crisp look.

Comment

Working...
                      X