Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT- Not looking forward to Thursday's walk to work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- Not looking forward to Thursday's walk to work.

For those using Farenheit that is below -61 F Thursday.jpg
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

WOW, do you have to.

Comment

I'm with Jose, why do you have to walk? Why not ride your bicycle? Whatever you do, stay safe and warm Henry.

Comment

That's proper cold mate, stay safe.
        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

No, I don't have to, but I do choose to. The walk and then the walk from are two of my favourite times of day. So peaceful. The great thing about the cold is that one can always put another layer of clothing on.

15974964_10157752646392355_4926052388186132348_o.jpg

Tim, I used to ride through the winter. Used to. It's dangerous with the local drivers and it sucks. Also, it turns out that I hate stable bikes. I like them responsive and unforgiving, rather than predictable. That's a deadly bike in ice fog, on an icy road in traffic full of bad drivers.

Comment

In this situation the Germans tend to say: Es gibt kein schlechtes Wetter, es gibt nur schlechte Kleidung!
            Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
              No, I don't have to, but I do choose to. The walk and then the walk from are two of my favourite times of day. So peaceful. The great thing about the cold is that one can always put another layer of clothing on.

15974964_10157752646392355_4926052388186132348_o.jpg

Tim, I used to ride through the winter. Used to. It's dangerous with the local drivers and it sucks. Also, it turns out that I hate stable bikes. I like them responsive and unforgiving, rather than predictable. That's a deadly bike in ice fog, on an icy road in traffic full of bad drivers.
              And to think that when we have the low 50s here we bitch and complain, no more complaining from me, I'm in Heaven, stay warm Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

Wise decision mate.

Comment

Wow! Even when I lived in Central Finland, I never experienced anything near that cold! You need to move out here, to the balmy West Coast. We are currently having this winter's "cold spell". Low of -3C and high of +1C.

I do hope you stay safe and warm

Cheers,
                  Carl

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                    In this situation the Germans tend to say: Es gibt kein schlechtes Wetter, es gibt nur schlechte Kleidung!
                    I agree 100%.

Comment

Today isn't supposed to be that bad now,but yesterday morning it did dip to -53 with the windchill.

I have a bunch of family out on the coast and a nephew that used to live on the island. I do like to visit there. Interior BC is a retirement possibility for me.

Originally posted by Carl View Post
                      Wow! Even when I lived in Central Finland, I never experienced anything near that cold! You need to move out here, to the balmy West Coast. We are currently having this winter's "cold spell". Low of -3C and high of +1C.

I do hope you stay safe and warm

Cheers,
                      Carl

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                        My wife says the same as it's a common phrase in Scotland.
                        http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Working...
                        X