MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottjc View Post
    Nice to have a comprehensive post from you today Brad.
    From your week I was very tempted to pick the Omega but I eventually chose the watch that I met only last year.
    Thanks, Scott. I haven't had many Rado-wearing days recently (a sad commentary on my habits, perhaps) so I've been hesitant to clog up the lovely Friday gallery with the same old "I've worn an RGM all week again" post!

Every Friday, though, I think "I need to break the 56-H out of jail for a weekend of revelry." I'll make it happen soon!
    Sorry we were unable to catch up in Blighty last month. I missed JohnPat's arrival by a day or so also but, luckily, I was able to post something interesting to him which had been delivered to me months ago in the USA. Perhaps he will share it...he might have worn it this week.
    Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

Comment

Winter has finally arrived here in the UK, although we seemed to have missed the worst of the first flurry here in the Midlands.
      These are the watches that I wore this week.
      Diastar 1/E chronometer on Monday.

20190128_174311.jpg

Tuesday brought out a Balboa.

20190129_102059.jpg

Another one on Wednesday.

20190130_171347.jpg

Lapis NCC303 on Thursday.

20190131_074813.jpg

And the SpaceWing today.

20190201_070132.jpg

Have a great weekend everybody.
      http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Tough choice this week Scott It could be the 303, it could be the 1/E but I'll have to go with the Spacewing.

Winter has finally arrived here in the UK, although we seemed to have missed the worst of the first flurry here in the Midlands.

20190201_070132.jpg

Have a great weekend everybody.
        Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

I kinda think you can post that TZLE as often as you want.

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post

Thanks, Scott. I haven't had many Rado-wearing days recently (a sad commentary on my habits, perhaps) so I've been hesitant to clog up the lovely Friday gallery with the same old "I've worn an RGM all week again" post!

Every Friday, though, I think "I need to break the 56-H out of jail for a weekend of revelry." I'll make it happen soon!
          Sorry we were unable to catch up in Blighty last month. I missed JohnPat's arrival by a day or so also but, luckily, I was able to post something interesting to him which had been delivered to me months ago in the USA. Perhaps he will share it...he might have worn it this week.

Comment

A great week Henry, with so many potential winners but I'll choose the prettiest one.

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

aaP9031103 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
            http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

Another wonderfully eclectic week of watches Tim. My pick is the Frigate, a beautifully understated watch that requires closer inspection.

Thanks mate, the Frigate has become a favourite, it's one of the earliest pieces I restored, made up of the best of 2 watches. This week you've made it difficult once again, in the end it came down to the Spacewing or the Lapis 303, this week I'm picking the 303 and looking forward to seeing your latest Lapis purchase soon. If it's anywhere near as good as this 303 it'll be a stunner.

20190131_074813.jpg
              Last edited by Tim.; 02-01-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOSE G View Post
                The Waltham arrived is a tungsten monocoque case, just a new battery and is spot on.
                Have a great weekend.
                That's a lovely piece Jose, congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. View Post
                  Thrown into the snow. .

_20190201_111852.JPG
                  Frozen in time!

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post

This one for me Tim. How is your wife doing?
                    Thanks Henry, Cathy's making progress, but we've realised that this will be a marathon, not a sprint, so we'll be heading down to the hospital twice a week until all the dressings finally come off. As long as we get a good result in the end, it will have been worth it.

Great photos this week Henry, and you always post great photos but this week's outstanding. There's a number of my favourites in your collection this week. I'm choosing your DS 40, cause I love the watch and this photo of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
                      This week I chose a couple that don't get a lot of wrist time, except on summer holidays:

I dug into storage and pulled this one out after reading about some of the new Omega offerings for 2019:

Yesterday I didn't even bother with a watch, because I was so bundled up against cold temperatures that my wrist was unlikely to be found under all the layers.

Hi Brad, great to see your post this week. I know it's sacrilege not to pick the RGM but I've become a bit of a dive watch fan of late, so I'm picking your Omega. I really love the way that the bezel reflects the shape of the case, it's a very elegant dive watch. Stay warm!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim. View Post

That's a lovely piece Jose, congratulations.
                        Thanks Tim, glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Comment

Hi Brad, great to see your post this week. I know it's sacrilege not to pick the RGM but I've become a bit of a dive watch fan of late, so I'm picking your Omega. I really love the way that the bezel reflects the shape of the case, it's a very elegant dive watch. Stay warm!
                          I know what you mean...I've begun to covet the new CCs myself, but having the two divers above, I doubt I'll act on the impulses!

Comment

These are the watches that I wore this week.
                            WOW, those rea some serious heavy-hitters, Scott.
                            Hard to pick a favorite...I may have to go with the second Balboa. Very nice and stealthy!

I was lucky to experience some snow in the Peak District a couple weeks back...quite an idyllic scene.

Peak District Snow.jpg

Comment

Glad to hear your wife continues to improve, even if it is going to be a long haul. Forward progress is good.

Regarding my photos, thank you Tim. I think I have started to photograph more like I paint and see rather than simply shooting things as they are.

Thanks Henry, Cathy's making progress, but we've realised that this will be a marathon, not a sprint, so we'll be heading down to the hospital twice a week until all the dressings finally come off. As long as we get a good result in the end, it will have been worth it.

Great photos this week Henry, and you always post great photos but this week's outstanding. There's a number of my favourites in your collection this week. I'm choosing your DS 40, cause I love the watch and this photo of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X