MMff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMff

Hi all you Eotians, Friday again, let's see your watches. Exciting news this week with some CC MKII MK2's finally escaping the factory. I wonder who'll be the first one here to have one, I know who it wont be, and that's me. Both Henry and Ken seem to be hot on the trail so I'm sure it wont be long. On a personal level, I'm pleased to have bought my wife Cathy home from the hospital on Wednesday. Tbh, it was getting a little lonely just the dog and I, he's good company, a little short on conversation though. We made a quick trip back to the hospital for a check up today and, touch wood, all good so far.
    Here's the watches that told my time this week.

Last weekend, time to charge up the Landmaster. These early kinetics don't shut down when you pull out the crown, so require regular charging.

Weekend a.jpg

My Blue Esel on Monday.

Mon.jpg

A bit of Elegance on Tuesday.

Tue.jpg

My DS 40 accompanied me on Wednesday.

Wed.jpg

Thursday I wore the second Rado I bought, a DS1.

Thus.jpg

And today some reflections of my backyard on a Summer's afternoon. Have a great weekend everybody.

Fri.jpg

Great to hear that your better half is making a good recovery mate. I can totally relate to the difference of just having a dog in the house, the novelty soon wears off.

My choice of your week of watches is my old favourite, it makes me very happy to see it getting some sunshine.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
    http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

Comment

704EB6CF-AC64-4C5F-A7E6-4D7CCE99720F.jpeg Glad to hear your good news Tim. I have been with these two vintage pieces this week.

DFBE15AB-6E58-4098-96B5-FE573A37F24F.jpeg

See my collection slideshow at
      http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

Manhattan week for me. Wearing some of my vintage collection lately. EE7405FD-856B-4420-8698-3AB5A98D161C.jpeg 5B7426F4-7AF6-4BF7-B540-ADBB963412AA.jpeg B6CBD701-1AC6-48DA-B942-347BACA03B3F.jpeg 644CB3EE-3C09-4575-9B41-F2C8029EFB5D.jpeg 7E620322-7890-49C7-83F0-CE7B4AED34FD.jpeg

Comment

Possibly worth a separate thread but the dial configurations on Manhattans Vs appear to be numerous, specifically the location of the word Manhattan. On your middle pic, that is the first time I have seen Manhattan positioned immediately below RADO (I think).

See my collection slideshow at
          http://s629.photobucket.com/user/sca...20March%202012

Comment

I'm glad to hear such good news Tim.
            This one followed me around all week, sorry for the dust particles.

Comment

Good to hear your wife is getting better, Tim.
              I am wearing my Hardtron this week:

_20190118_151753.JPG
              Pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

Comment

Great news Tim about your wife Tim. While I do really like the CC Mk II V2 I am disinclined to pay $2800 CAD for it. Compared to what I paid from an AD for the CC Mk I that is way too much and as I wrote to Yokied the other day, I don't think comparable deals would be available. Even if they were it is still a lot more money. I am currently pretty happy with the crappy-ish CC MK II. Mrs. K does think I should collect all the variations of the Captain Cooks but I don't feel that is necessary.

Anyway: My week.

The weekend was a quiet hand wind one. The L-10

PB250206 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Monday was a bit spicy with the CC Mk I

P1143320.jpg

Tuesday the Model 400

P9150082 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Wednesday a recycled pic of the Hyperchrome. The asking price of the CC MkII is the same as this was.

P6181858 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Thursday, the Divestar 200. Anyone else notice that for a guy who doesn't like dive watches I have more than a couple? Hmmm...

P5160295 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Today 38mm two tone Starliner.

P5180130 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
                Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Comment

Was lucky to get another Green Horse Alarm recently, it needed some work but I think it came out great. Canít decide which dial I like more :-)

53724AC4-2A51-4893-B13A-54021CAC6E8D.jpeg

Comment

Stunning!

Originally posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
                    P5180130 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr

Comment

Another great sow of beautiful Rados here today.
                      This is how my week panned out.

My shirt and cufflink choice for Monday drove me back to the same watch that ended last week. WP_20190114_17_34_28_Pro (2).jpg

Tuesday brought out the seldom seen Mk 1 Eiger.

WP_20190115_19_08_50_Pro (2).jpg

Blue Diastar 1/E for Wednesday.

WP_20190116_19_00_12_Pro (2).jpg

My Dad's eldest brother passed away on Boxing Day, leaving only two of the original five siblings. It was his funeral on Thursday and, as my father was unable to attend due to ill health, Mrs C and myself took on the 350 mile round trip to represent our branch of the family. The journey had to be completed in one day so that I could return to work today.
                      As such, I didn't take a wrist shot but decided to wear the same watch today.
                      What's not to love about a watch that can get trashed while digging the garden but then clean up well enough to wear to a family occasion? Such a watch is the Diastar Original XL.

WP_20190118_12_13_26_Pro (2).jpg

Have a great weekend guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnPat View Post
                        Possibly worth a separate thread but the dial configurations on Manhattans Vs appear to be numerous, specifically the location of the word Manhattan. On your middle pic, that is the first time I have seen Manhattan positioned immediately below RADO (I think).
                        Too true. I can't remember what my steel version was like, but I think my gold Manhattan Deluxe had a different combination again.

Comment

Scott's favourite Diastar for me this week.

Originally posted by Tim. View Post
                          My DS 40 accompanied me on Wednesday.

Comment

I am a fan of the Manhattan Deluxe when others wear it and I love this one. I hate them, except my old gp one, on me.

Originally posted by jethrobodine View Post
                            Manhattan week for me. Wearing some of my vintage collection lately.644CB3EE-3C09-4575-9B41-F2C8029EFB5D.jpeg

Comment

Funky markers, dial lines and bracelet all the way.

Originally posted by JRG View Post
                              Was lucky to get another Green Horse Alarm recently, it needed some work but I think it came out great. Canít decide which dial I like more :-)

53724AC4-2A51-4893-B13A-54021CAC6E8D.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                              X