Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Incoming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT: Incoming!

    Four months old and he will be joining us as soon as he gets snipped. The most confident, bounciest and clearly most troublesome ticking time bomb of a kitten in the whole shelter. We always pick that cat. The "worst" one. It has served us wonderfully throughout the years, rewarding us with pets with wildly divergent and interesting characters. His name is currently Javier. We generally let our cats earn their names, but Mrs. K and I both had a name pop into our heads within moments of meeting him. The same name. We'll try that one once he gets home.

    Dickens sm.jpg
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

  • #2
    Nice, keep him warm.
    My girl Blue says Hi.

    Comment


    • #3
      She's pretty. This guy will be joining Austin, who is rather lonely without Cracker.
      Solve all your doubts through question mode.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry to hear about Cracker, may he rest in peace. Congratulations on your new friend Javier, I hope he brings you and Mrs. K many years of joy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tim. View Post
          Sorry to hear about Cracker, may he rest in peace. Congratulations on your new friend Javier, I hope he brings you and Mrs. K many years of joy.
          Thanks Tim. Cracker had a great, and long, life until about the last week and a half. Javier, or whatever his name will be here, looks to be a good choice. He's already got loads of character and curiosity.
          Solve all your doubts through question mode.

          Comment


          • #6
            He looks anxious and ready to get started ensuring his new home is mouse-, mole-, bird-, insect-free, and particularly free of boredom!
            Congrats, my friend. I await news of the name he is sure to earn.
            Time is Money, except on Dark Side of the Moon

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Watch Carefully View Post
              He looks anxious and ready to get started ensuring his new home is mouse-, mole-, bird-, insect-free, and particularly free of boredom!
              Congrats, my friend. I await news of the name he is sure to earn.
              I think he's always ready to go. It's going to be weird with a kitten. Austin was a year or more when he came to us, so we have not had a kitten in the house for 20 years.

              Mrs. K just bought him a 6' tall cat condo as he seems to love them.
              Solve all your doubts through question mode.

              Comment


              • #8
                Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
                A kitten will certainly prove to be a challenge, as we have found out with our puppy, but well worth the effort.
                http://s145.photobucket.com/user/sco...deshow/Watches

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by scottjc View Post
                  Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
                  A kitten will certainly prove to be a challenge, as we have found out with our puppy, but well worth the effort.
                  Thanks Scott. Javi shouldn't be as bad as say, Cracker was. He came into the house at barely 8 weeks old. He'd tear around the house for two hours then start to drift off. The slightest noise would wake him up again and then he'd tear around for another four hours. Rinse. Repeat.

                  It is well worth it though. Cats can have their behaviour and social skills altered but it can take years. Austin came to us as a feral cat and twelve or so years later we are still teaching him social skills. A kitten on the other hand can be socialized within months if they are young enough.
                  Solve all your doubts through question mode.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X